Riders for Health
Riders for Health – the official charity of MotoGP that raises funds for life-saving work in Africa – has launched its largest-ever online auction of MotoGP memorabilia.
The Riders for Health auction runs through September 25, and features 21 items – from visors to yearbooks. All items are signed by MotoGP stars, including nine-time World Champion Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) and the reigning MotoGP Champion, Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda).
To place a bid on any of the items in the auction visit the Riders for Health eBay store.
Past and present World Champions have donated a selection of totally unique items, with lots including a signed photograph of Marc Marquez in action, a black and white signed portrait of Valentino Rossi and a children’s helmet signed by Jorge Lorenzo.
The auction also includes a host of memorabilia from British riders, including MotoGP star Bradley Smith’s boots, a signed photograph of Cal Crutchlow and a British Flag signed by British MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 riders.
Two of the most popular items in the auction are likely to be truly unique copies of motorcycling books. MotoGP photography book “Una Vita a 300. A life in the fast lane” documents the 2013 MotoGP season in stunning photographs and is signed by thirteen of the current stars of the sport.
Also available is a hardback copy of John Surtees’ “My Incredible Life on Two and Four Wheels,” signed by the author and Valentino Rossi. The book was published to mark the 50th anniversary of John Surtees becoming Formula 1 World Champion and contains nearly 300 photographs from his own collection.
Some of the future stars of MotoGP have also donated some incredible items, including Moto3 star Alex Marquez’s boots, Jack Miller’s visor and British rider Danny Kent’s gloves.
Riders for Health holds live auctions at events across the world, including the MotoGPs in Texas and Brno. The largest auction takes place at their flagship event, Day of Champions, which this year raised nearly $130,000.
Jeanette Wragg, Events Manager at Riders for Health, says “We receive so many fantastic pieces of motorcycling memorabilia from MotoGP riders and teams, photographers and artists. We want to make sure that fans of the sport have the opportunity to own these unique items for themselves, even if they can’t make our live auctions.
“We want to say a huge thank you to everyone who donates items for our auctions and helps to raise vital funds for our work across Africa.”
All of the money raised from the online auction will help Riders for Health ensure health workers in Africa have access to reliable, well maintained motorcycles and ambulance so that they can continue to transform health care for 14 million people.
To place a bid on any of the items in the Riders for Health auction visit the Riders for Health eBay store through September 25.
The full list of auction items:
• A pair of Bradley Smith’s Boots
• A mini helmet signed by Valentino Rossi
• A black and white signed photograph of Valentino Rossi
• A hardback edition of John Surtees’ ‘My Incredible Life on Two & Four Wheels’, signed by the author and Valentino Rossi.
• A signed photograph of Valentino Rossi
• A pair of Aleix Espargaro’s boots
• A miniature street sign signed by Dani Pedrosa
• A British flag signed by MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 riders
• An Italian flag signed by Italian MotoGP riders
• Alex Marquez’s boots
• Jack Miller’s visor
• A signed Colin Edwards pencil drawing
• A signed photograph of Cal Crutchlow
• A signed photograph of Marc Marquez
• A one-off MotoGP/Riders for Health t-shirt signed by Marc Marquez
• An Indianapolis MotoGP t-shirt signed by Marc Marquez and Jorge Lorenzo
• British Moto3 rider, Danny Kent’s gloves
• A life-sized cut-out of Alex Lowes
• A Kiddimoto helmet signed by Jorge Lorenzo
• A hardback edition of ‘Una Vita a 300. A life in the fast lane’ Volume 8 signed by 13 MotoGP riders
• A painting of British MotoGP legend Barry Sheene.