2014 Imola Superbike Superpole Results | Honda’s Rea Qualifies on Pole
2014 Imola Superpole Results
Under scorching hot conditions at Enzo e Dino Ferrari circuit at Imola, Jonathan Rea earned his first Superpole of 2014 World Superbike.
The Pata Honda World Superbike CBR1000RR Fireblade pilot posted a 1:46.289 at Imola, taking the third Superpole of his SBK career, and the 45th for Honda.
To put this time into perspective, the Best Lap at Imola is a 1:45.981 set by Kawasaki Racing Team’s Tom Sykes in last season’s qualifying. The Race Lap record is a 1:47.274, also set by Sykes last season.
Joining the Norther Irishman Rea on the front row for Sunday’s two 19-lap races is Aprilia Racing Team’s Sylvain Guintoli and the man who led the FP3 session earlier Saturday morning, Ducati Team’s Davide Giugliano.
Guintoli finished 0.265 of a second behind Rea, with Giugliano a mere 0.001 of a second behind the Frenchman RSV4 pilot.
Heading up the top of the second row is Giugliano’s teammate, Chaz Davies. The Welshman will be joined on row two my Aprilia’s Marco Melandri and the reigning World Superbike Champion, Tom Sykes.
Sykes qualified 0.478 of a second behind Rea. The next closest rider was Sykes’ teammate Loris Baz, who qualified seventh, 0.725 of a second. Baz was also the final rider to post within a second of Rea.
Joining Baz on the third row will be Voltcom Crescent Suzuki’s Eugene Laverty, who was 1.426 seconds off the top apace, and the top EVO-class rider once again, Alteha Racing Ducati’s Nicollo Canepa, was was 1.951 seconds behind.
In Superpole 1, Canepa and Leon Camier (BMW Motorrad Italia) emerged as the fastest two riders and progressed into Superpole 2 with the ten riders that were automatically seeded after Free Practice.
2014 Imola World Superbike on TV:
beIN will provide television coverage of Imola World Superbike. Superpole will be broadcast from 10 – 11 p.m. ET Saturday, May 10, and race coverage begins at 6 a.m. Sunday, May 11. Race 1 will be delayed, but race 2 will be live.
2014 Imola World Superbike Superpole Results:
1. Jonathan Rea, Great Britain, PATA Honda World Superbike CBR1000RR
2. Sylvain Guintoli, France, Aprilia Racing Team RSV4
3. Davide Giugliana, Italy, Ducati Superbike Team 1199 Panigale R
4. Chaz Davies, Great Britain, Ducati Superbike Team 1199 Panigale R
5. Marco Melandri, Italy, Aprilia Racing Team RSV4
6. Tom Sykes, Great Britain, Kawasaki Racing Team ZX-10R
7. Loris Baz, France, Kawasaki Racing Team ZX-10R
8. Eugene Laverty, Ireland, Voltcom Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000
9. Niccolo Canepa, Italy, Althea Racing 1199 Panigale R
10. Leon Haslam, Great Britain, PATA Honda World Superbike CBR1000RR
11. Leon Camier, Great Britain, BMW Motorrad Italia SBK S1000RR
12. Alex Lowes, Great Britain, oltcom Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000
13. Ivan Goi, Italy, BARNI Racing Team 1199 Panigale R
14. David Salom, Spain, Kawasaki Racing Team ZX-10R
15. Toni Elias, Spain, Red Devils Roma RSV4
16. Ayrton Badovini, Italy, Team Bimota Alstare BB3
17. Luca Scassa, Italy, Team Pedercini ZX-10R
18. Sheridan Morais, Russia, IRON BRAIN Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R
19. Christian Iddon, Great Britain, Team Bimota Alstare BB3
20. Michel Fabrizio, Italy, IRON BRAIN Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R
21. Claudio Corti, Italy, MV Agusta RC-Yakhnich M. F4RR
22. Fabien Foret, France, MAHI Racing Team India ZX-10R
23. Alessandro Andreozzi, Italy, Team Pedercini ZX-10R
24. Jeremy Guarnoni, France, MRS Kawasaki ZX-10R
25. Imre Toth, Hungary, BMW Team Toth S1000RR
26. Geoff May, USA, Team Hero EBR 1190RX
27. Aaron Yates, USA, Team Hero EBR 1190RX
28. Peter Sebestyes, Hungary, BMW Team Toth S1000RR