2014 Jerez World SBK Test Results, Day 2
Though rain was in the forecast, the Jerez Circuit in Spain remained dry Tuesday during the second day of private World Superbike.
Leading day two of three was once again Ducati Superbike Team’s Davide Giugliano. The Italian was running above record pace at the 13-corner circuit, and was nearly a second quicker than his leading Monday time. This is more great news for Ducati, considering Jerez is usually a difficult track for V-twins such as Giugliano’s Ducati 1199 Panigale R.
Trailing a mere 0.117 of a second back was Kawasaki Racing Team’s Loris Baz. The Frenchman also paced Jerez above record pace throughout the day.
In third, .565 of a second back was Pata Honda World Superbike’s Jonathan Rea. Giugliano’s teammate, Chaz Davies, was fourth quickest, followed by the top Aprilia RSV4 piloted by Sylvain Guintoli.
Out of the 11 riders who tested Monday, the only one that didn’t improve on Tuesday was Kawasaki’s David Salom. Also, the 2013 World Superbike Champion Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) did not test on Tuesday.
The teams will be on the Jerez Circuit Wednesday for the final day of the private test. Rain is once again forecasted.
2014 Jerez World Superbike Private Testing, Day 2 Results:
1. Davide Giugliano (Ducati Superbike Team) – 1’40.166
2. Loris Baz (Kawasaki Racing Team) – 1’40.283
3. Jonathan Rea (Pata Honda World Superbike) – 1’40.731
4. Chaz Davies (Ducati Superbike Team) – 1’40.745
5. Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team) – 1’41.192
6. Marco Melandri (Aprilia Racing Team) – 1’41.201
7. Eugene Laverty (Voltcom Crescent Suzuki)- 1’41.377
8. Leon Haslam (Pata Honda World Superbike)- 1’41.453
9. Alex Lowes (Voltcom Crescent Suzuki)- 1’42.123
10. David Salom (Kawasaki Racing Team) – 1’44.181