Sons of Anarchy star Rusty Coones (Quinn), owner of Illusion Motorcycles and guitarist for Attika 7, his wife K.O., and the American Soldier Network (A.S.N.) are working together to shoe the shoeless.
This collaboration will give citizens a chance to work and donate funds through A.S.N to further benefit its continuing campaigns for the U.S. military wounded and recovering soldiers.
Coones, an ardent supporter of military-based causes and support including numerous motorcycle fund-raising rides, and Annie Nelson, the head of the American Solider Network, have partnered in a Used Shoes Campaign to act as a three-fold program that carries the mantra “Recycle, Employ and Donate.”
This program was designed to refurbish used shoes for citizens of impoverished and communities in 3rd World Countries; to employ local workers by giving them a trade and repairing and re-fabricating donated footwear; and finally, to create enough support to reach their goal of 30,0000 donated pairs as a bridge to a $10,000 donation check to aid America’s combat wounded and combat injured by using the monies to aid the American Soldier Network 7th Annual Christmas S.W.A.G. Bag (Showing Warriors America’s Gratitude) campaign.
In addition, the program will help alleviate some of the 630+ million shoes that are thrown into land fills every years creating chemical compound breakdown nightmare. The Campaign hopes to help create similar programs to help not only heal those who are without but to also help heal the environment.
The goal is set for 30,000 pairs of slightly worn shoes, boots, and sneakers to be refurbished and sent FREE to communities. And with these acts of goodwill, local workers will earn a paycheck for their expertise with the end game being substantial monetary funding for the Wounded Warrior organization. Just like in the fictional town Charming, a SON is working to make his home a better, cleaner and more charitable place.
The Deadline for donating shoes (25 pairs per bag, tied) is Oct. 27, 2013 with the Final Drop Day Party at the Shoe HQ Illusion Motorcycles (see below) from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Donations hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For an appointment or donation contact Katherine at 714-894-1942. Numerous other drop-off sites listed below.
- Njusjon Cycles, 14726 Goldenwest Street, Westminster CA 92683
- Fast Frame, 25800 Jeronimo #701, Mission Viejo CA 92691
- Microsoft Store, 578 The Shops at Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo CA 92691
- Navy Federal Credit Union, 18709 Brookhurst Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- Sweetwater Harley Davidson, 3201 Hoover Ave National City, CA 91950 (619) 477-4477
- Harley Davidson, 14522 Valley Center Dr., Victorville, CA 92395 *760-951-1119
- Nick’s Computer Works, 25434 W. Main St., Barstow, CA 92311 (760) 447-4004
- Motorcycle Center, 2380 West Main St., Barstow, CA 92311
- Senior Center, 555 Melissa Ave., Barstow, CA 92311
- Senior Thrift Store, 907 East Williams St., Barstow, CA 92311
- All Recycling, 931 West Main St., Barstow, CA 92311
- Kennedy’s Custom Cycles, 3028 San Luis Rey Rd, Oceanside, CA 92058
For additional information: