Suzuki to Celebrate 50th Anniversary at Indy MotoGP
Suzuki Motorcycle Sales
In the early 1960s, the American motorcycle market was ruled by Harley-Davidson with its Fl 74 models and Sportsters. But the pressure was on from many other manufacturers across the globe, including Triumph and Norton of the UK, and Honda of Japan.
Another Japanese manufacturer that quickly became popular in the states was Suzuki, which made its official entry into the U.S. motorcycle market on Aug. 16, 1963. The marquee brought its T10 to the market, which many publications gloated about due to its smooth power, electric starter and soft suspension.
And on August 16 – fifty years to the date of the T10 release – Suzuki will be celebrating its golden anniversary at the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix (August 16-18).
Suzuki’s celebration will take place at Turn 2 in the Suzuki Fan Paddock. Suzuki says it will have the largest customer display by any manufacturer during Indy MotoGP. There will also be an unveiling of a new machine…maybe a 50th Anniversary GSX-R model to go along with the Millionth Edition GSX-R 1000?
Steve Bortolamedi (Communications Manager for Suzuki Motor of America, Inc.) says: “Our entire display will focus on honoring our customers from the past 50 years.
“We’re inviting all Suzuki customers to join the festivities; it’s going to be a great weekend celebration of Suzuki’s 50 Years in America, with a look forward, too.”
Suzuki owners can enjoy a variety of exclusive benefits at the Suzuki Fan Paddock at Turn 2 during the Indy MotoGP weekend:
- Hospitality Area: Owners (& one guest) can watch the races from Turn 2 or on video monitors in the display area.
- Free Gear Check: Owners will be able to check in their motorcycle gear and have it secured for the day.
- Free Tech Inspection by qualified Suzuki technicians
- Professional Photo of owners and their bike
Along with Suzuki owners, all fans attending the race weekend are welcome to the following activities at its Fan Paddock:
- Interactive Suzuki History, told by Cycle World and Motorcyclist Magazines.
- PowerSport Institute (PSI) School: Tech training and giveaways
- Genuine Suzuki Parts, Accessories and Apparel Store
- Music and Prizes
- Suzuki Motorcycle, ATV and Scooter Product Display
- Bike Unveiling
- Ultimate Hayabusa Contest Winner Announcement
- Kids Fan Pack
- GSX-R Knee Dragging Photo Booth Experience
- Suzuki Race Teams: Yoshimura Suzuki, National Guard / Michael Jordan, and more
Suzuki owners can purchase their Indianapolis MotoGP tickets here. Owners who purchase these tickets will be able to park at Suzuki’s Fan Paddock, take advantage of the track lap for half the cost, have a reserved seat at the grandstand, and receive IMS souvenirs. Visit the ticketing website for more info.