2013 Ducati MotoGP GP13
MotoGP teams are extremely hush when it comes to the smaller details of their perspective machines. And Ducati is no different, the Italian manufacturer releasing the most general specifications as possible.
This week, Ducati released what little information it thought was needed regarding specs on its revamped Desmosedici GP13, which will be piloted by Ducati Team riders Nicky Hayden and newly-signed Andrea Dovizioso.
A few things changed from the 2012 specs, including five more horsepower over the GP12 that former Ducati rider Valentino Rossi struggled on, and a bump in weight due to the minimum required 352 lbs. (up from 345.4 lbs. in 2012).
It also appears that Ducati is using some new technology in the suspension department, the specs for the Ohlins fork saying “new factory evolution damping system.”
Following are the specs for the Ducati GP13, which will be used in the 2013 MotoGP Championship. Also, attached above are factory photos, displaying the finer details of Ducati’s GP13; these photos also make for great wallpaper.
Ducati Desmosedici GP13 Technical Specifications:
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90 degree V4 four-stroke, desmodromic DOHC, four valves per cylinder
- Capacity: 1,000cc
- Power: More than 235hp
- Top Speed: In excess of 330 km/h (205 mph)
- Transmission: Ducati Seamless Transmission (DST); chain final drive
- Fuel Management: Indirect Magneti Marelli electronic injection, four throttle bodies with injectors above butterfly valves Throttles operated by the new EVO 2 TCF (Throttle Control & Feedback) system
- Fuel: Shell Racing V-Power
- Lubricant: Shell Advance Ultra 4
- Ignition: Magneti Marelli
- Exhaust: Termignoni
- Final Drive: D.I.D Chain
- Frame: Aluminum
- Suspension: Öhlins inverted 48mm fork and Öhlins shock absorber, adjustable for preload, new factory evolution damping system
- Tires: Bridgestone 16.5” front and rear
- Brakes: Brembo, two 320mm carbon front discs with four-piston callipers. Single stainless steel rear disc with two-piston caliper
- Dry Weight: 160 kg (353 lbs.)