2013 MotoGP Schedule
The FIM recently released the provisional 2013 MotoGP Championship schedule.
The 2013 calendar features 19 races, one more than the 2012 schedule, with two dates in April yet to be confirmed. One of these dates will likely be Estoril in Portugal, which has been a stop for MotoGP since 2000. But it could also be filled by either the Termas de Rio Hondo in Argentina or India’s new Buddh F1 circuit.
The 2013 MotoGP schedule will begin March 31, one week earlier than this years. And as tradition. Qatar has been the opening round for the MotoGP Championship, and held under the lights since 2010. The 2013 season will conclude Nov. 10 in Valencia, Spain, as it has since 2002.
Spain will host the most GP races – four. Three rounds are currently confirmed – Valencia, Aragon, Catalunya – and Jerez is expected to sign another contract with MotoGP shortly.
The other big move on the 2013 MotoGP schedule is the date for Silverstone, which goes from June to September. Following is the provisional schedule.
2013 MotoGP Provisional Calendar:
- March 31: Qatar* Doha/Losail
- April 14: TBC TBC
- April 21: Circuit of The Americas (COTA), Texas, USA
- May 5: Spain(STC), Jerez de la Frontera
- May 19: France, Le Mans
- June 2: Italy, Mugello
- June 16: Catalunya, Catalunya
- June 29: Netherlands**, Assen
- July 14: Germany, Sachsenring
- July 21: United States***, Laguna Seca
- August 18: Indianapolis, Indianapolis
- August 25: Czech Republic, Brno
- September 1: Great Britain, Silverstone
- September 15: San Marino & Riviera di Rimini, Marco Simoncelli Misano
- September 29: Aragón, Motorland
- October 13: Malaysia, Sepang
- October 20: Australia, Phillip Island
- October 27: Japan, Motegi
- November 10: Valencia, Ricardo Tormo-Valencia
* Evening Race
** Saturday Race
*** Only MotoGP class
STC (Subject to the Contract)
TBC (To be confirmed)