2012 World Superbike
For 2012, the Aprilia Racing Team will contest in the World Superbike Championship with a two-rider lineup – Max Biaggi and Eugene Laverty.
Biaggi (3) has been with Aprilia since it began running its RSV4 in the World SBK Championship in 2009. The 40-year old finished fourth overall in 2009, then became the first Italian to win the World Superbike title in 2010.
Last season, Biaggi broke his foot during practice for Nurburgring WSBK, and was forced to miss that round and the subsequent two at Imola and Magny-Cours. Regardless, he managed to finish third overall.
For 2012, Biaggi will be joined by the 25-year-old Laverty, who joined World Superbike in 2011 after three years in World Supersport. During the 2009 and 2010 World Supersport championships, Laverty finished second overall both years. Laverty, who runs the number 58, then joined Melandri for 2011 on the now-defunct Yamaha World Superbike team.
While competing for Yamaha in 2011 World Superbike, Laverty finished fourth overall; he had six podiums, which included his double-win at Monza World SBK.
Both riders will compete aboard the Aprilia Racing Team RSV4.
Aprilia RSV4 Superbike – Technical Specifications
- Engine: Aprilia 4 longitudinal 65° V4 cylinder, 4-strokes, liquid cooling system, double overhead camshaft (DOHC), four valves per cylinder
- Engine capacity: 999 cc
- Maximum rpm: 15,000 rpm
- Maximum power: 220 hp
- Fuel system: Variable-height intake ducts controlled by engine control unit, electronic injection with 8 injectors and latest-generation Ride-by-Wire technology.
- Compression ratio: 14.5:1
- Transmission: Six speed cassette gearbox.
- Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch with slipper system.
- Electronic management: Aprilia Racing ECU managing ignition, injection, variable-height intake duct control, Ride by Wire system and traction control.
- Chassis: Adjustable, aluminium dual beam with pressed and cast sheet elements.
- Suspension: Öhlins
- Brakes: Brembo
- Weight: 364 lbs/165 kg
Attached above is wallpaper of the 2012 Aprilia Racing Team RSV4.
Click motorcycle thumbnail to expand. Right click motorcycle wallpaper to download.