2012 MotoGP: Schedule Updates
The FIM released the provisional 2012 MotoGP Schedule back in September, but a few things were lacking – the circuit that will host the Germany GP (pending confirmation of contract), and the confirmation of Jerez.
On Wednesday, the FIM re-released the 2012 MotoGP Schedule, which confirms the Jerez circuit on the calendar, and also names Sachsenring as the circuit that will host the German Grand Prix.
Besides these, the only other change in the 2012 calendar is the date for the opening round of MotoGP at Qatar; the date for Doha/Losail was moved from April 15 to April 8.
This coming season begins a new era in GP racing as engine capacity is raised to 1000cc, and the addition of Claiming Rules Team (CRT). Each CRT is a privateer entry that will be allowed to have certain flexibility in fuel-tank capacity and engines, making them competitive to run with the other prototypes.
2012 MotoGP Provisional Schedule:
- April 8 / Qatar*: Doha/Losail
- April 29 / Spain (STC): Jerez de la Frontera
- May 6 / Portugal (STC): Estoril
- May 20 / France: Le Mans
- June 3 / Catalunya: Catalunya
- June 17 / Great Britain: Silverstone
- June 30 / Netherlands**: Assen
- July 8 / Germany (STC): Sachsenring
- July 15 / Italy: Mugello
- July 29 / United States***: Laguna Seca
- August 19 / Indianapolis: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- August 24 / Czech Republic: Brno
- September 16 / San Marino & Riviera di Rimini: Misano
- September 30 / Aragon: Motorland
- October 14 / Japan: Motegi
- October 21 / Malaysia: Sepang
- October 28 / Australia: Phillip Island Ricard Tormo
- November 11 / Valencia: Valencia
* Evening Race
** Saturday Race
*** Only MotoGP class
STC (Subject to the contract)