2012 World Superbike: 14-Round Schedule
2012 World Superbike Dates
For 2012, the World Superbike Championship will consists of 14 rounds across three continents – North America, Europe and Australasia.
The newest edition to the World SBK schedule will be the Moscow International Raceway in Russia. This will be the first time in the series 23-year history that a race will be held in Russia.
After next year’s Moscow round, World Superbike will have been hosted on 45 different circuits, counting A1-Ring and Osterreichring as two different race tracks.
At the conclusion of the 2011 World Superbike Championship, the series had visited 21 different countries, including San Marino (Republic in Northern Italy). There was an "Irish" round of World Superbike held in 1993, but the race occurred at the Brand Hatch circuit in Great Britain.
World Superbike reports that Italy is out in front in terms of the number of different circuits visited by WSBK, with Enna Pergusa, Imola, Misano, Monza, Mugello and Vallelunga hosting races over the years. Imola, Monza and Misano ready to go again in 2012. Spain has been represented by five different tracks since the early days, Albacete, Jarama, Jerez, Aragon and Valencia. Motorland Aragon is the current venue for the Spanish round."
In alphabetical order, the 44 circuits which have hosted races so far are… A1-Ring, Albacete, Algarve, Anderstorp, Assen, Brainerd, Brands Hatch, Brno, Donington, Enna Pergusa, Estoril, Hockenheim, Hungaroring, Imola, Jarama, Jerez, Johor, Kyalami, Laguna Seca, Lausitzring, Le Mans, Losail, Magny-Cours, Manfield, Miller Motorsports Park, Misano, Monza, Mosport, Motorland, Mugello, Nürburgring, Oran Park, Oschersleben, Osterreichring, Paul Ricard, Phillip Island, Salzburgring, Sentul, Shah Alam, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps, Sugo, Valencia and Vallelunga.
2012 World Superbike Schedule
- Round 1: Phillip Island, Australia (Feb. 26)
- Round 2: Imola, Italy (April 1)
- Round 3: Assen, Netherlands (April 22)
- Round 4: Monza, Italy (May 6)
- Round 5: Donington Park, Great Britain (May 13)
- Round 6: Miller Motorsport Park, USA (May 28)
- Round 7: Misano, San Marino (June 10)
- Round 8: Motorland Aragon, Spain (July 1)
- Round 9: Brno, Czech Republic (July 22)
- Round 10: Silverstone, Great Britain (Aug. 5)
- Round 11: Moscow International Raceway, Russia (Aug. 26)
- Round 12: Nurburgring, Germany (Sept. 9)
- Round 13: Portimao, Portugal (Sept. 23)
- Round 14: Magny-Cours, France (Oct. 7)