2011 Fall Cycle Scene
Besides Daytona Bike Week, a March event that runs parallel with kickoff of AMA Pro Racing, the next largest motorcycle racing event at Daytona International Speedway is Fall Cycle Scene.
This year’s Fall Cycle Scene at DIS runs from Oct. 13-16, and is packed with many events besides the on-track amateur racing.Following is a list of events at 2011 Fall Cycle Scene:
- Free Demo Rides: Outside of historic Daytona International Speedway located in the Midway, motorcycle enthusiasts can test-ride the latest and greatest motorcycles with free manufacturer demo rides.
- Monster Dash: On Friday night, Oct. 14, bikers will get the chance of a lifetime to ride Daytona International Speedway in the annual Monster Dash. The paced parade laps around the motorcycle course will begin at approximately 6 p.m. Price is $30 per bike and includes an exclusive Monster Dash patch. Tickets are available Thursday Oct. 13 and Friday Oct. 14 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Monster Dash ticket booth located in Thunder Alley outside Turn 4 or by calling 1-800-PITSHOP. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Halifax Humane Society.
- Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace: Bikers can find the nation’s top aftermarket parts, accessories and apparel companies at the Daytona Motorcycle Marketplace located in the Midway display area.
- Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone and Thunder Alley: Cool your pipes with two great names – Budweiser and Daytona International Speedway. Bikers can spend the day catching up with old friends at the Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Zone inside Thunder Alley in the Midway where they can enjoy a cold Budweiser and great food next to the area’s largest vendor, display and demo ride marketplace. Thunder Alley will also showcase entertainment, games and contests.
- Live Entertainment: Bands will be performing live on the Thunder Alley stage on Friday, Oct. 14th (The Trans Ams) and Saturday, Oct. 15th (Crashrocket).
- Bikini contest: The annual Hooters bikini contest and fashion show sponsored by Hot Leathers will be staged in Thunder Alley located outside Turn 4 in the Midway on Saturday, Oct. 15th, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Bike builder appearances: Bike builders Brigitte Bourget and Eddie Trotta will have meet and greets with bike enthusiasts during Fall Cycle Scene. Bourget will be available at the Bourget Bike Works display on Friday, Oct. 14th between 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. while Trotta will be at the Thunder Cycle Design display on Saturday, Oct. 15 between noon and 1 p.m.
- RV Parking: RV parking is available inside the "World Center of Racing" infield. RV Camping (with hook-ups) is available for $295 and RV camping (no hook-ups) is $175 which also includes two adult admissions for the weekend’s racing activities. Motorcycle trailer parking is $25. For more information, call 1-800-PITSHOP.
For more information on Fall Cycle Scene, visit daytonainternationalspeedway.com
or call 1-800-PITSHOP.