2011 World Superbike Video
Round 11 of the 2011 World Superbike Championship wrapped up Sunday at Imola in Italy.
And although he was expected to clinch the title after Imola World SBK, Althea Ducati’s Carlos Checa has to remain patient as the series heads into the penultimate round at Magny Cours this weekend, Oct. 2.
This was due to Checa’s 3-1 finish. The Spaniard didn’t obtain enough points to clinch the title with two rounds remaining (Mangy-Cours, Portimao), but now has a 97-point lead over Yamaha’s Marco Melandri, who struggled to an 8-6 finish at Imola.
Taking the race-1 win at Imola was Castol Honda’s Jonathan Rea. The Irishman was joined on the podium by Pata Racing Aprilia’s Noriyuki Haga and Checa.
In Race 2, Checa returned to his usual first place, the Ducati 1198R rider taking his 12th win of the season. Checa was joined on the Race-2 podium by Haga and Alitalia Aprilia’s Leon Camier.
Attached above and below are video highlights of 2011 Imola World Superbike.
2011 Imola World Superbike Results:
1. Jonathan Rea (GBR) Castrol Honda 38m03.396s
2. Noriyuki Haga (JPN) Aprilia +0.111s
3. Carlos Checa (ESP) Ducati +9.499
4. Tom Sykes (GBR) Kawasaki +9.792
5. Eugene Laverty (IRL) Yamaha +14.669
6. Sylvain Guintoli (FRA) Ducati +16.820
1. Carlos Checa (ESP) Ducati 38m04.538s
2. Noriyuki Haga (JPN) Aprilia +4.631s
3. Leon Camier (GBR) Aprilia +15.159
4. Eugene Laverty (IRL) Yamaha +17.195
5. Leon Haslam (GBR) BMW +17.388
6. Marco Melandri (ITA) Yamaha +18.533
2011 World Superbike Championship points (after 11 of 13 rounds):
1. Checa 417
2. Melandri 320
3. Max Biaggi 281
4. Laverty 256
5. Haslam 187