2011 Budds Creek Motocross | 250 Report
AMA Motocross Results
Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Tyla Rattray, of South Africa, won his second race of the year in the 250 Class Saturday at Budds Creek, Round four of the 2011 AMA Motocross Championship.
The first moto of the 250 Class featured a dominant performance from Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Dean Wilson, of Scotland. The defending race winner at Budds Creek looked to be in position to go back-to-back, but Rattray outran his teammate and the rest of the field to lead every lap of Moto 2 and finish with 2-1 scores.
As a result, the current 250cc Motocross points leader became the first rider this season in the 250 Class to lead the championship standings over consecutive weeks.
Tyla Rattray (Monster Energy Kawasaki KX250F Motocross) says: “I think it’s important in a championship to be up front. It’s important to be on podium as much as you can, and that’s what I’ve done so far. I just want to get big points at each round and stay consistent. Having such strong competitors makes you dig deeper, and I just want it really bad.”
The Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki team also maintained its current streak of winning every moto and overall so far this season.
Wilson (1-3) finished second overall, while GEICO Honda’s Justin Barcia, of Ochlocknee, Ga., finished third (6-2).
The Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship continues next weekend with Round 5 of the 2011 season. Thunder Valley MX Park, in Lakewood, Colo., will host the Toyota Trucks Thunder Valley National on Saturday, June 18, beginning at 3 p.m. EST.
2011 Budds Creek AMA Motocross: 250 Results (moto finish)
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki (2-1)
- Dean Wilson, Scotland, Kawasaki (1-3)
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda (6-2)
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda (5-5)
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Kawasaki (3-9)
- Gareth Swanepoel, South Africa, Yamaha (9-4)
- Blake Baggett, Redlands, Calif., Kawasaki (7-7)
- Kyle Cunningham, Irving, Texas, Yamaha (4-15)
- Martin Davalos, Ecuador, Suzuki (10-10)
- Nico Izzi, Rochester, N.Y., Honda (8-13)
2011 AMA Motocross 250 Class Championship Standings
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki – 174
- Dean Wilson, Scotland, Kawasaki – 170
- Blake Baggett, Redlands, Calif., Kawasaki – 144
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda – 136
- Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda – 116
- Kyle Cunningham, Irving, Texas, Yamaha – 114
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Kawasaki – 99
- Gareth Swanepoel, South Africa, Yamaha – 91
- Martin Davalos, Ecuador, Suzuki – 75
- Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda – 72