Aragon Superbike: Superpole Results
2011 World Superbike
From the looks of things at qualifying practice and Superpole, tomorrow’s Motorland Aragon races are going to be a battle between three riders – series’ leader Carlos Checa (Althea Ducati), reigning World Superbike Champion Max Biaggi, and Marco Melandri (Yamaha Superbike).
Checa and Melandri both split top times in the qualifying practice sessions, Checa taking FP2 and Melandri taking FP1, but it was the Italian who topped the time sheets in Superpole, taking his first-ever pole position in World Superbike.
The former MotoGP racer Melandri posted a 1:57.634 at Aragon, taking the top spot for Sunday’s 20-lap races. Following was the Alitalia Aprilia team of Max Biaggi and Leon Camier, respectively. Taking the final spot on the front row at Aragon was Checa.
Row two will be headed up by last week’s Misano Superpole winner, Tom Sykes on the Kawasaki ZX-10R. Joining him on row two will be Melandri’s teammate Eugene Laverty, Kawasaki’s Joan Lascorz and BMW Motorrad Italia’s Ayrton Badovini.
Stay clicked to UltimateMotorCycling.com for Sunday’s race results; also, join us on Facebook where we will reveal when the results are in, but will throw a spoiler alert up in case you don’t want to know.
2011 Aragon World Superbike: Superpole/Qualifying Results
1. M. Melandri / Yamaha YZF-R1 / 1’57.634
2. M. Biaggi / Aprilia RSV4 / 1’57.790
3. L. Camier / Aprilia RSV4 / 1’58.279
4. C. Checa / Ducati 1198R / 1’58.472
5. T. Sykes / Kawasaki ZX-10R / 1’58.641
6. E. Laverty / Yamaha YZF-R1 / 1’58.756
7. J. Lascorz / Kawasaki ZX-10R / 1’59.194
8. A. Badovini / BMW S1000RR / 1’59.591
9. N. Haga / Aprilia RSV4 / 1’58.566
10. S. Guintoli / Ducati 1198R / 1’58.640