2011 World Superbike Rider Entry List
2011 WSBK Line Up
The provisional World Superbike rider entry list for the 2011 season was released on Monday by the FIM.
The biggest news going into 2011 was Ducati pulling all factory efforts from the championship; former Ducati factory rider Noriyuki Haga signed with the all-new Pata Racing Aprilia team, and Michel Fabrizio joined the Alstare Suzuki team.
Three Ducati teams will compete in the 2011 World Superbike Championship, but all are privateer efforts. The first is Althea Racing Ducati, which will field one rider, Carlos Chca.
The Liberty Ducati team, recently launched in Prague, will field Jakub Smrz and Sylvain Guintoli on their top class machines, while 2010 debutant Supersonic Ducati have opted for youth again as they have secured the services of former Superstock star, Maxime Berger.
There are 20 riders listed, with another one to be announced from the Pedercini Kawasaki Team.
World Superbike action gets underway at Phillip Island, Australia, on Sunday, Feb. 27.
Following is the provisional rider line up for the 2011 World Superbike Championship, which consists of 13 rounds, including one at Miller Motorsports Park in the USA.
2011 World Superbike Provisional Line Up
(2) Leon Camier GBR (Aprilia RSV4 Factory) Aprilia Alitalia Racing Team
(3) Max Biaggi ITA (Aprilia RSV4 Factory) Aprilia Alitalia Racing Team
(4) Jonathan Rea GBR (Honda CBR1000RR) Castrol Honda
(7) Carlos Checa ESP (Ducati 1098R) Althea Racing
(11) Troy Corser AUS (BMW S1000 RR) BMW Motorrad Motorsport
(17) Joan Lascorz ESP (Kawasaki ZX-10R) Kawasaki Racing Team
(33) Marco Melandri ITA (Yamaha YZF R1) Yamaha World Superbike Team
(41) Noriyuki Haga JPN (Aprilia RSV4 Factory) PATA Racing Team Aprilia
(44) Roberto Rolfo ITA (Kawasaki ZX-10R) Team Pedercini
(50) Sylvain Guintoli FRA (Ducati 1098R) Team Effenbert – Liberty Racing
(52) James Toseland GBR (BMW S1000 RR) BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team
(58) Eugene Laverty IRL (Yamaha YZF R1) Yamaha World Superbike Team
(66) Tom Sykes GBR (Kawasaki ZX-10R) Kawasaki Racing Team Superbike
(77) Chris Vermeulen AUS (Kawasaki ZX-10R) Kawasaki Racing Team
(84) Michel Fabrizio ITA (Suzuki GSX-R1000) Team Suzuki Alstare
(86) Ayrton Badovini ITA (BMW S1000 RR) BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team
(91) Leon Haslam GBR (BMW S1000 RR) BMW Motorrad Motorsport
(96) Jakub Smrz CZE (Ducati 1098R) Team Effenbert – Liberty Racing
(111) Ruben Xaus ESP (Honda CBR1000RR) Castrol Honda
(121) Maxime Berger FRA (Ducati 1098R) Supersonic Racing Team
(TBA) TBA (Kawasaki ZX-10R) Team Pedercini