International Six Days Enduro
The International Six Days Enduro, one of the world’s most iconic off-road motorcycle races, was decided after only five days this year due to security concerns regarding drug cartels.But once things were decided, Husaberg remained triumph across the winners and runner-up riders in the World Trophy and Junior Trophy contests, with victorious bikers running the famed motorcycles, a subsidiary of KTM.In the World Trophy contest, the runner-up Italian team had one rider on Husaberg motorcycle: Alessandro Botturi in E3.In the Junior Trophy, the victorious Spain team had Oriol Mena on a Husaberg in E3. In the runner-up position was Sweden, with Karl Svensson on a Husaberg in E3, and Calle Sjoo in E3.Following are some interesting facts and stats about Husaberg at the 2010 ISDE in Mexico:
- Out of the total 351 participants 36 were Husaberg mounted which is more than 10% of all participants making Husaberg number 3 in the manufacturers ranking.
- Out of these 36 Husaberg riders 20 used the race service and 13 used rental bikes offered by Husaberg.
- None of the Husaberg riders using the race service and rental bikes had to withdraw due to mechanical issues.
- The 36 Husaberg riders came from 12 different countries.
- The biggest Husaberg deligation came fro m Argentina with 9 riders including the Argentinian Husaberg importer Pablo Bratanich who finished 44th in the C2 class winning a silver medal.
- 16 of the Husaberg riders represented their repsective countries in either a Trophy or a Junior Trophy team.
- The fastest Husaberg rider overall was Oriol Mena aboard his FE 570 finishing second in E3 and 7th overall.
- With 8 riders Husaberg made up for more than 27% percent of the big bore E3 class.
- Team Husaberg 1 with riders Oriol Mena, Valtteri Salonen and Nathan Woods finished 4th in the Manufacturers Team Award classification.
- Only one Husaberg 2-stroke participated in the 2010 ISDE, ridden by Husaberg Sweden team rider Kalle Svensson. He finished 11th in the E3 class.
- At the 2011 ISDE in Kotka-Hamina, Finland Husaberg will again be offering rental bikes and full race service to all Husaberg riders.