International Six Days Enduro
The International Six Days Enduro, one of the world’s most iconic off-road motorcycle races, was decided after only five days this year due to security concerns regarding drug cartels.
But once things were decided, Husaberg remained triumph across the winners and runner-up riders in the World Trophy and Junior Trophy contests, with victorious bikers running the famed motorcycles, a subsidiary of KTM.
In the World Trophy contest, the runner-up Italian team had one rider on Husaberg motorcycle: Alessandro Botturi in E3.
In the Junior Trophy, the victorious Spain team had Oriol Mena on a Husaberg in E3. In the runner-up position was Sweden, with Karl Svensson on a Husaberg in E3, and Calle Sjoo in E3.
Following are some interesting facts and stats about Husaberg at the 2010 ISDE in Mexico:
- Out of the total 351 participants 36 were Husaberg mounted which is more than 10% of all participants making Husaberg number 3 in the manufacturers ranking.
- Out of these 36 Husaberg riders 20 used the race service and 13 used rental bikes offered by Husaberg.
- None of the Husaberg riders using the race service and rental bikes had to withdraw due to mechanical issues.
- The 36 Husaberg riders came from 12 different countries.
- The biggest Husaberg deligation came fro m Argentina with 9 riders including the Argentinian Husaberg importer Pablo Bratanich who finished 44th in the C2 class winning a silver medal.
- 16 of the Husaberg riders represented their repsective countries in either a Trophy or a Junior Trophy team.
- The fastest Husaberg rider overall was Oriol Mena aboard his FE 570 finishing second in E3 and 7th overall.
- With 8 riders Husaberg made up for more than 27% percent of the big bore E3 class.
- Team Husaberg 1 with riders Oriol Mena, Valtteri Salonen and Nathan Woods finished 4th in the Manufacturers Team Award classification.
- Only one Husaberg 2-stroke participated in the 2010 ISDE, ridden by Husaberg Sweden team rider Kalle Svensson. He finished 11th in the E3 class.
- At the 2011 ISDE in Kotka-Hamina, Finland Husaberg will again be offering rental bikes and full race service to all Husaberg riders.