World Superbike to Aragon for Three Years
This year, the Motorland Aragon circuit made its debut on the MotoGP schedule, becoming one of four rounds in Spain, the most of any country for the World Championship season.
And on Monday, Infront Motor Sports, which represents the World Superbike Championship, signed a three-year contract to feature Aragon on the 13-round 2011 WSBK scehdule. The race will take place on June 19, the seventh round of the 2011 World Superbike Championship.
But Superbike riders will get a taste before next season, as some of the top WSBK teams are heading to the 3.154-mile track for testing this week, which features a wide variety of corner designs, and elevation changes.
World Superbike says from the air the track looks relatively simple, from the tarmac, it is anything but. These aspects will make the track a tricky one in the early laps of testing, for many of the top WSBK teams who will run there Oct. 27-29.
2011 WSBK Tentative Schedule:
- February 27 – Australia – Phillip Island
- March 27 – Europe – t.b.a
- April 17 – The Netherlands – Assen
- May 8 – Italy – Monza
- May 30 (Monday) – United States – Miller Motorsport Park
- June 12 – San Marino – Misano
- June 19 – Spain – Motorland Aragon
- July 10 – Czech Republic – Brno
- July 31 – Great Britain – Silverstone
- September 4 – Germany – Nurburgring
- September 25 – Italy – t.b.a
- October 2 – France – Magny Cours
- October 16 – Portugal – Portimao