• Third pole for Cal Crutchlow, still waiting for his maiden win. In Superbike history only he and Steve Martin have scored three poles without winning a race. The pole in Kyalami is the 50th for a British rider;
• With third place in race 2 Max Biaggi reached 40 podium placements, equalling Doug Polen in the thirteenth all-time spot;
• For the first time in ten straight race weekends, Jonathan Rea didn’t manage to start from the top 10;
• In the Supersport class, third straight win for Eugene Laverty, who is now only one win short of the all-time record sequence of four, set by Karl Muggeridge (2004), Sebastien Charpentier (2005) and Kenan Sofuoglu (2007).
WSBK MILLER PERSONAL SCOREBOARD
• Max Biaggi has finished in the points in all the races he has competed in at Miller, his best result is a fourth, obtained in race 2 in 2008 and 2009;
• Carlos Checa was the first winner in Miller, with a double in 2008. These were his first wins in the series, on the same race weekend he also obtained his maiden pole. Carlos climbed on the podium also in race 1 last year, second;
• One podium in four races for Troy Corser: a second place in race 1, 2008;
• Michel Fabrizio has stepped onto the podium in all four races in Miller: three times third in the first three races and a second in race 2 last year;
• Noriyuki Haga has never managed to step onto the podium; despite finishing in the points in the last three races here, he has endured some tough moments as in 2008 he broke a collarbone and last year he fell on Saturday, hurting his back;
• The best result for Jakub Smrz in Miller is a sixth place, obtained in the first and last races run here;
• Ruben Xaus finished in the points only in the first of the two races here in 2008, fourteenth, a retirement followed and last year he finished twice outside the points.
NOTES ON THE MILLER RACES
• Ducati have always been on the podium, but have never won in Miller and their best rider at the chequered flag has always been Michel Fabrizio;
• Honda have also always been on the podium, obtaining a double win with Checa in 2008;
• Suzuki have been on the podium only once, in the second 2008 race, with Max Neukirchner;
• Yamaha missed out on the podium only in the second 2008 race, when the best rider at the finish line was Haga in sixth. Last year Ben Spies dominated with pole, double win, double fastest lap and leading both races from lights to flag.
MILESTONES IN THE UNITED STATES (from 1989 to 1991 the race was held in Brainerd, from 1995 to 2004 in Laguna Seca)
1989 – first win for the future World Champion Raymond Roche;
1990 – first win for Doug Chandler, who in qualifying scored the first Kawasaki pole;
1999 – first win for Ben Bostrom;
2000 – first pole position for Troy Bayliss;
2001 – 150th race for Troy Corser;
2002 – 100th race for Noriyuki Haga;
2008 – First pole and win for Carlos Checa, 100th win for Honda;
2009 – Ben Spies breaks the record streak of pole positions, recording his seventh straight pole, the previous record was set by Doug Polen in 1991.