If you were thinking you were going to outrun the police the next time you’re out for a ride, you might want to consider that Kawasaki is now selling special Concours 14 ABS Police motorcycles to law enforcement agencies.
According to Kawasaki, the Concours 14 ABS Police will "lead the segment in safety, acceleration, handling, and braking." Other bikes in this category include the BMW R1200RT-P, Honda ST1300PA and Harley Davidson FLHTP.
The Concours 14 Police will be delivered with a tighter turning radius and custom law enforcement equipment, including an adjustable speedometer, a second wiring harness with 12 fused circuits and a separate battery dedicated to the add-on electronics.
An extensive selection of emergency equipment is available to satisfy agency requirements. According to Kawasaki the Concours 14 Police will have the "quickest acceleration and best high-speed handling in the law enforcement class.
The Concours 14 ABS provides significant competitive advantages for law enforcement agencies, compared to the police offerings from competing manufacturers.
• Available high-performance Traction Control.
• High-performance ABS brake system.
• Best high-speed handling in the law enforcement class.
• Heavy-duty 41.5 amp alternator.
• 441-pound payload capacity.
• Removable saddle bags.
• Tough and durable clutch is the least-expensive system to replace in the category.
• Three-year unlimited mileage factory warranty.
• Fleet service staff training, plus the authorization to conduct non-warranty maintenance and repairs, on-site
• Purchasing agencies may also take their vehicles to any Kawasaki motorcycle dealer for regular maintenance, repairs, or warranty service.
According to a Kawasaki spokesman, "Kawasaki is clearly the right choice for law enforcement agencies. The Concours 14 ABS out-performs every other available unit in the category, and does it at a price sensitive to tight municipal budgets."Google+