2012 NCR Motorcycles
After the uber-exclusive NCR M16 pleased the eyes of many Desmo fans at World Ducati Week in 2010, the Bologna-based performance motorcycle manufacturer is about to do it again with the release of two new street models – the M4 and an the upgraded M4 One Shot.
NCR, which has been producing performance motorcycles since 1967, says the new M4 motorcycles are first being homologated for the US market, and then for the Europeans and others.
The NCR M4 derives from the famed Millona model; it uses the same concept and geometry, but the M4 was "designed to be as light or lighter in street trim than the original Millona was in race trim."
Powering the NCR M4 is an air-cooled, 1100cc Ducati EVO engine that produces 107 hp at 7,500 rpm, and 84 ft-lbs of torque. The machine is incredibly light, weighing in at weight of 286 lbs. with oil and the battery.
The NCR M4 One Shot is upgraded with a modified Ducati EVO 1100 engine, which features a billet stroker crank, titanium connecting rods, titanium hardware throughout and NCR-EVR slipper clutch.
The NCR M4 One Shot pumps out an incredible 132 hp at 8,700 rpm, and 105 ft-lbs of torque. This is much power, considering the One Shot weighs in at 278 lbs.
The motor is the only difference between the NCR M4 and M4 One Shot. Both feature a titanium frame and subframe along with carbon fiber tank, wheels, instrument cluster, airbox, oil cooler housing and fenders.
NCR says: "An innovative central electronic package allows for quick disconnects by way of top grade military connectors along with access to many features by way of an USB computer inter- face and software. NCR exotic parts like billet triple clamps, fork bottoms, rearsets along with Brembo radial controls and calipers and Ohlins suspension front and back add to the impressive list of features.
"The NCR M4 is modular in design in that the front headlight/instrument cluster can be changed to a mini, half or full fairing with the simple swap of two bolts and a connector. The same can be done with the tail section. The stock titanium rear subframe assembly can be swapped for a full carbon fiber street tail or carbon race tail with 5 bolts and a connector. The goal was to be able to swap from street trim to track trim in less than five minutes. Mission accomplished!"
The NCR M4 and M4 One Shot are expected to hit the US market in spring 2012. Expect to the NCR M4 to have a MSRP of $49,900, and the NCR M4 One Shot to have a MSRP of $69,900
NCR says it also produces a large variety of parts for the NCR M4 and NCR M4 One Shot including full titanium race systems, front end and tail section options along with several hundred different parts and accessories.
Speaking of the NCR M4 models, designer and COO Joe Ippoliti says "It is difficult to describe what a 278 lbs, 1200cc street bike feels like because it is not like anything you have tried before. After riding a NCR M4, it is difficult to enjoy riding a motorcycle weighing 100 to 150 lbs more, regardless of the amount of horsepower it may have."
NCR M4/M4 One Shot Specs:
- M4 Motor: Ducati EVO 1100; power 107 Hp at 7.500 RPM – Torque 115 Nm – 11,5 kgm @ 5100 RPM
- M4 One Shot Motor: NCR 1200cc motor with NCR F1 type stroker billet crankshaft, titanium connecting rods machined from forged billet, high compression forged 102mm pistons , custom NCR cylinders, NCR CORSE cams, ported heads, NCR-EVR dry-type slipper clutch, NCR oil cooler, all engine fasteners in titanium; power 132 Hp at 8,700 RPM – Torque 14,3 Kgm (105 ft-lbs) at 7,000 RPM
- Weight: 286 lbs. (M4); 278 lbs. (M4 One Shot)
- Frame: NCR titanium frame weight 4.8 Kg (10.6 lbs)
- Subframe: NCR titanium subframe with Schedoni leather seat on a carbon fiber base
- Fuel Tank: NCR carbon fiber tank. Capacity: 13 Lt – 3.45 Gallons
- Front Brake: 300 mm WAVE Braking-NCR, radial Brembo Racing 4 piston (108mm version)
- Rear Brake: 200 mm WAVE Braking-NCR, Brembo Racing 2 piston
- Front Suspension: Ohlins 43 mm upside-down fork with TiN surface treatment, adjustable off-set, radial calipers with NCR CORSE billet aluminum fork bottoms, tuned by NCR CORSE. Triple clamps made from billet AL 7075 with an adjustable offset of 24 to 32 mm in 2 mm increments
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins monoshock with eccentric adjuster. Tuned by NCR CORSE
- Steerig Damper: Ohlins
- Other Carbon Fiber Parts: Airbox, front and rear fenders, oil cooler housing, oil cooler support, counter sprocket cover, chain guard, mirror and headlight housing
- Exhaust System: NCR full stainless steel system with catalytic converter and exhaust valve 5.1 kg (11.2 lbs)
- Wheels: BST-NCR Carbon fiber wheels
- Electronics: New Magneti Marelli high speed cpu with traction control and NCR designed military wiring and connectors. Quick disconnect interfaces. Lightweight lithium battery. AIM MXL Display (Strada) with laptop interface. Laptop software and direct plug battery charger
- Colors: Clear coat. Custom paint available on request
- Special Parts: Adjustable rear sets in AL 7075 and titanium, gas cap assembly in aluminum from billet, clip-ons in AL 7075 with titanium tubes, triple clamps from AL 7075 with adjustable offset from 24 to 32 mm, Ohlins steering damper with billet mount in titanium, billet oil fill plug, front fairing stay in aluminum, NCR 32mm slave master machined from billet, titanium oil reservoirs . NCR custom oil cooler
About NCR s.r.l.
NCR based in Bologna, Italy is a designer and manufacturer of ex- clusive motorcycles and performance parts that are race circuit tested and use the highest available technology and leading edge design. In 2001, when the founders retire, the Poggipolini Group, a world leader in the processing of exotic lightweight alloys as Titanium, Magnesium, Aluminum and special steels, and a leading supplier of products and solutions for Formula 1, MotoGP, Aeronautics and Marine industries, continue the NCR evolution and mission. In 2005 NCR is authorized as a motorcycle manufacturer and begins building its first complete units. For more information on NCR visit NCRFactory.com.