2014 Motus MST & MST-R Motorcycle Updates
Back at the 2011 Daytona Bike Week, Motus unveiled its two prototype sport-touring motorcycles – the MST and the MST-R. Both bikes from the American company then went through some extensive testing, and production began.
Two years later, Motus says it’s ready to launch the V4-powered MST and MST-R sport touring motorcycles ahead of the bringing the bikes to the market, which is expected to occur this fall. Motus says it will launch its 2014 MST and MST-R at this weekend’s Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (July 19-21). Attached below is the video invitation to Laguna Seca MotoGP from Motus.
Motus, which runs under parent company Birmingham Motorcycle Company, LLC., also launched a new website to celebrate the launch of its sport tourers. Check it out here.
In other Motus News
Motus also announced that Moon Motorsports of Monticello, Minneapolis, has joined the company’s ongoing expansion of dealers.
And Motus says its V4 Baby Blocks will start shipping this August to those who reserve them now; reserve by Email or call 205.208.9966 ext 104.
Motus V4 Baby Block Features
- 1650cc (100ci), liquid cooled, cast aluminum 90° V4 w/ steel liners
- Cam-in-the-block, 2 OHV
- Splayed lifters for maximum valvetrain stability
- Aluminum cylinder heads w/ splayed & canted valves for max. flow and combustion efficiency
- Automotive-style low mass, low inertia roller rocker arms
- Maintenance-free hydraulic roller lifters
- 4340 forged steel I-beam connecting rods
- 3-ring forged aluminum pistons with moly coating
- Wet sump w/ integral pick-up, serviceable screen, magnetic drain plug
- 4 bolt main bearing girdle for maximum strength and durability
- Cast 4340 one-piece crank w/ automotive-style plain bearings
- Gerotor oil pump, integrally cast internal water pump
- CFD optimized, precision cast water jackets
- Closed loop 250kBd multi-point fully sequential fuel injection
- Ride-by-wire w/ electronic throttle control (ETC)
- Cast individual runner manifold w/ 4 x 40mm contoured bore downdraft throttle bodies
- 12 bolt bellhousing (9.5” bolt circle) for easy application adaptation
- Spare bosses for alternate accessory drives and motor mounts