2013 FIM Trial World Championship Spanish Grand Prix Results
After losing to his rival Adam Raga in St. Julia, Repsol Montesa Honda’s Toni Bou returned to the top of the FIM Trial World Championship podium at Sunday’s Spanish Grand Prix at Pobladura de las Regueras (Leon).
This was Bou’s third win of seven races in the series. And with six rounds remaining, Bou holds the championship lead with 126 points, two ahead of Gas Gas’ Raga.
Speaking of the Spanish GP, Repsol says “three passes through a very difficult route –with 12 zones– and the strict application of the rules by the marshals decided the outcome of this seventh race of the Outdoor Championship.
“Bou felt comfortable under those conditions and dominated the first and third passes, though losing the second for just one point.”
Joining Bou on the podium as Raga and Sherco’s Albert Cabestany.
Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda Trials) says: “It was a very difficult round, with very complicated zones. I felt good from the beginning and I was comfortable on the bike, which allowed me to build an advantage very soon. I feel satisfied for recovering the lead of the Championship. Two consecutive wins are very important, as well as being again on top of the overall standings. This is the best way to recover our confidence and motivation.”
Check out the video below of the action. The next round of the FIM Trial World Championship os set for July 7 in Barzio for the Italian Grand Prix.
2013 FIM Trial Spanish Grand Prix Results:
1. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda – 61 points
2. Adam Raga, Gas Gas – 87 points
3. Albert Cabestany, Sherco – 87 points
4. Takahisa Fujinami, Repsol Montesa Honda – 93 points
5. Matteo Grattarola, Gas Gas – 114 points
2013 FIM Trial World Championship Point Standings:
1. Toni Bou, Repsol Montesa Honda – 126 points
2. Adam Raga, Gas Gas – 124 points
3. Takahisa Fujinami, Repsol Montesa Honda – 94 points
4. Albert Cabestany, Sherco – 94 points
5. Jeroni Fajardo, Beta – 89 points