2015 Supercross Calendar
The 2015 Monster Energy Supercross Schedule was announced Friday. The 2015 SX calendar once again features 17 rounds, visiting 10 different states in 14 different venues.
New to the 2015 Supercross schedule is Petco Park in San Diego (round six, February 7), which is the home park for the San Diego Padres Major League Baseball Team. Also joining the 2015 SX schedule is Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif. (round 15, April 18), the home stadium for the NFL San Francisco 49ers.
Also new this year is two back-to-back races at Atlanta’s Georgia Dome. The Georgia Dome joins Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Calif., as the only two venues with multiple races; Anaheim will again host three rounds.
“As Monster Energy Supercross continues to grow and expand its fan base, so does the championship schedule,” said Charlie Mancuso, president of Feld Motor Sports. “We are proud to welcome two new state-of-the-art venues to the schedule with Levi’s Stadium (Santa Clara) and Petco Park (San Diego) next season and we are excited to bring an additional race to the southeast with back-to-back Atlanta races.”
The 2015 Supercross schedule begins again in Anaheim, Calif., on Jan. 3, and ends at Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas, on May 2. As the series heads into 2015, Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto will seek his fifth-straight Supercross title. The KX-F 450 pilot became the only other rider in Supercross history besides Jeremy McGrath to clinch four-straight SX titles.
“With new stadiums and another year of a premier television package on FOX Sports 1, the 2015 Monster Energy Supercross season is going to be bigger and better than ever before,” said Todd Jendro, Feld Motor Sports, Vice President of Two Wheel Operations. “We are in the midst of the most competitive and compelling era in the history of the sport and the 2015 schedule will provide even more emerging story lines.
“With Ryan Villopoto gunning for a record fifth straight title, and the likes of James Stewart, Chad Reed, Ryan Dungey, Ken Roczen and more all looking to bring his reign to an end, we’re in for an incredible 2015 season with some great new venues to showcase the sport.”
“The 2015 Monster Energy Supercross season is going to be very exciting,” said Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto. “We have a couple of new stadiums on the schedule and after how successful the event was at MetLife Stadium, I’m really looking forward to going back there and I know we will have a great time at the brand new stadium in Santa Clara. Also going to Petco Park in downtown San Diego will give Feld a chance to get a little more creative with the track design in the baseball stadium.”
For additional information, visit SupercrossOnline.com.
2015 Monster Energy Supercross Schedule:
- January 3, Angel Stadium, Anaheim, Calif.
- January 10, Chase Field, Phoenix
- January 17, Angel Stadium, Anaheim, Calif.
- January 24, O.Co Coliseum, Oakland, Calif.
- January 31, Angel Stadium, Anaheim, Calif.
- February 7, Petco Park, San Diego
- February 14, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
- February 21, Georgia Dome, Atlanta
- February 28, Georgia Dome, Atlanta
- March 7, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- March 14, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
- March 21, Ford Field, Detroit
- March 28, Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis
- April 11, NRG Stadium, Houston
- April 18, Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif.
- April 25, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.
- May 2, Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas