2014 Victory Ness Cross Country Preview
For 2014, Victory is highlighting its bagger lineup with a few new offerings – the Cross Roads 8-Ball, the Cross Country 8-Ball, and, the one drastically different then these two blacked-out editions, the Ness Cross Country.
This Ness Signature Series Victory takes a different approach than previous models, though. For the first time, a Victory custom is a collaboration of all three generations of Ness builders – Arlen, Cory and Zach.
The 2014 Ness Cross Country is loaded with customization, including the exclusive Havasu Red color with Ness Legacy Paint, diamond-cut heads, a unique custom seat, and loads of other chrome highlights.
Speaking of the new machine, Steve Menneto, Vice President of Motorcycles, Polaris Industries, says: “Victory is excited to continue our hugely successful partnership with Ness Enterprises. This year bringing three generations of Ness together to create one incredible, custom Ness Signature Series Victory Cross Country.
“It offers more style at a better price than any American motorcyclist has ever seen. We are truly appreciative of the Ness family and look forward to another great year of working with them.”
The Ness Cross Country is built on the standard model, which includes Victory’s powerful Freedom 106/6 V-Twin that produces 106. ft/lbs of torque. The Ness Cross Country’s suspension features 43mm inverted cartridge telescopic forks up front with 5.1-inches of travel, and a single, mono-tube gas cast aluminum shock out back with 4.7-inches of travel and air adjustability.
Stopping the Ness Cross Country are dual 300mm floating discs up front squeezed by four-piston calipers, and a single 300mm floating disc out back squeezed by a two-piston caliper. ABS is standard.
Each 2014 Victory Ness Cross Country also arrives with an autographed photo of Arlen, Cory and Zach Ness. The photograph is displayed in a numbered frame that matches the numbered engine plate on the Ness Cross Country.
The Ness bagger will carry a stateside MSRP of $22,999, and a price of $23,249 in Canada.
2014 Victory Ness Cross Country Features:
- Tinted Boomerang Windshield
- Black Front Forks and Tubular Highway Bars
- Chrome Handlebars
- ABS Braking
- Cruise Control
- Kicker Speakers and iPod Interfacing
- Limited-Edition Number Plate
- Custom Seat
- Diamond Cut Cylinders
- Chromed Engine
- Ness Legacy Custom Paint & Graphics
2014 Victory Ness Cross Country Specs:
- Engine type: 4-stroke, 50-degree V-Twin
- Cooling system: Air/Oil
- Displacement: 106 ci/ 1731cc
- Bore x Stroke: 101 X 108mm
- Compression ratio: 9.4:1
- Valve train: Single overhead camshafts with 4 valves per cylinder, self-adjusting cam chains, hydraulic lifters
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection with dual 45mm throttle body
- Fuel Capacity: 5.8 gal / 22 ltr
- Exhaust: split dual exhaust with crossover
- Oil capacity: 5.0 qts / 4.75 ltr
- Charging System: 48 amps max output
- Battery: 12 volts / 18 amp hours
- Primary Drive: Gear drive with torque compensator
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Transmission: 6-speed overdrive constant mesh
- Final Drive: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt
- Length: 104.3 in / 2868 mm
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in / 1670 mm
- Seat Height: 26.3 in / 667 mm
- Ground Clearance: 5.8 in / 148 mm
- Rake/Trail: 29.0-degrees / 5.6 in / 142 mm
- Dry Weight: 760 Lbs / 345 Kg
- GVWR: 1360 lbs / 618 kg
- Type: Inverted cartridge telescopic fork
- Fork Tube Diameter: 43 mm
- Travel: 5.1 in / 130 mm
- Shock Absorber: Single, mono-tube gas
- Swingarm: Cast Aluminum with constant rate linkage
- Travel: 4.7 in / 120 mm
- Adjustment: Air adjustable
- Brake System Type: Conventional with ABS
- Front braking system: Dual 300mm floating rotor with 4-piston caliper
- Rear braking system: 300mm floating rotor with 2-piston caliper
- Front: 18 x 3.5 in
- Rear: 16 x 5.0 in
- Front: 130/70B18 Dunlop 491 Elite II
- Rear: 180/60R16 Dunlop 491 Elite II