As Harley-Davidson celebrates its 110th anniversary, it releases a new generation of motorcycles as part of Project RUSHMORE. The bikes included in Project RUSHMORE are not necessarily new models, but revamped editions including improved brakes, power, ergonomics and styling updates.
Eight motorcycles were released during the Project RUSHMORE launch, including the new 2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special.
The Special takes the standard Street Glide hot-rodded bagger, and adds a host of upgrades, including Reflex Linked Brakes with ABS, the Boom! Box 6.5 GT infotainment system, CVO-styled hand-adjustable rear suspension, and a Gloss Black inner fairing.
The Street Glide Special is powered by the 103 ci that pushes 104.7 ft/lbs of torque at 3,250 rpm. The powerplant is hooked to the 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission with integrated Isolated Drive System (IDS). And like the standard, the 2014 Harley Street Glide Special rolls on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and a stout swingarm “developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders and today’s powerful engines.”
Other amenities on the 2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide for the touring motorcyclist are full-length rider foot boards, height-adjustable passenger footboards and a six-gallon fuel tank to go the distance.
Following are the highlights, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special.
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special Highlights:
- High Output Twin Cam 103 Black powder-coated powertrain with chrome covers
- Hydraulic clutch actuation
- Integrated oil cooler
- 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission with integrated Isolated Drive System (IDS)
- Dunlop “Multi-Tread” rear tire construction extends tire life by 25 percent
- Full-length rider footboards
- Six-gallon fuel tank
- Electronic cruise control
- Reflex Linked Brakes with ABS; floating open front brake rotors
- Wind-tunnel tested Batwing fairing with Splitstream vent for reduced head buffeting; low smoked windshield
- Dual Halogen headlight
- Boom!™ Box 6.5 GT audio system with GPS and touchscreen, Bluetooth capability, with 25-watt per channel amplifier and four speakers
- Jukebox media compartment with USB connection and One-Touch access door
- One-Touch Design: A functional element applied to the Tour-Pak, saddlebags, Jukebox, and fuel tank door permits latching and unlatching with a press or pull of a finger
- Restyled injection-molded hard saddlebags with One-Touch design latch
- Ergonomic hand controls with intuitive design and improved tactile feel
- 49 mm telescopic front forks, stiffer triple clamps and larger steering bearings
- Streamlined, low profile front fender
- Gloss Black inner fairing
- Redesigned saddlebag guard creates more passenger leg room
- Easier-to-read gauges; 10 percent larger speedometer and tachometer with 68 percent wider numbers, 28 percent larger fuel and volt gauges with 30 percent wider numbers
- Enforcer Cast Aluminum wheels; 19-inch diameter front wheel
- Premium Ride Hand-Adjustable Low Rear Shocks
- Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Streamliner rider footboards and passenger foot pegs
- Stop/turn/tail rear lighting
- Inserts fill the spaces between the saddlebags and the rear fender
- Harley-Davidson Factory Security System with hands-free security fob
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special Specs:
- Air-cooled, High Output Twin Cam 103 with Integrated Oil-Cooler
- Displacement (cubic in./cc): 103.1/1690
- Bore X Stroke: 3.87 in. / 4.374 in.
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive
- Miles Per Gallon: 42 MPG combined City/Hwy
- Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters): 6/22.7
- Power: 104.7 ft. lbs @ 3250 rpm
- Frame: Mild steel; tubular frame; two-piece stamped and welded backbone; cast and forged junctions; twin downtubes; bolt-on rear frame with forged fender supports; MIG welded
- Swingarm: Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded section; forged junctions; MIG welded
- Front Forks: 49mm telescopic
- Rear Shocks: Hydraulic adjustable pre-load (tool less) CVOT style low profile rear suspension
- Brakes: Front, 32mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear dual-floating rotors, dual 300mm discs up front, single 300mm disc out back.
- Tires: Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall, Front: D408F BW 130/60B19 61H; Rear: D407T BW 180/65B16 81HDimensions:
- Wheels: Enforcer Cast Aluminum, Front 19 in. x 3.5 in. (483 mm x 89 mm); rear 16 in. x 5 in. (406 mm x 127 mm)
- Length (in./mm): 95.5/2450
- Seat Height (laden) (in./mm): 26.1/663
- Wheelbase (in./mm): 64/1625
- Rake: 26 degrees
- Fork Angle: 29.25 degrees
- Weight (as shipped): 775lbs. /352kg.
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Color Options/MSRP:
- Vivid Black: $22,499
- Amber Whiskey: $23,009
- Mysterious Red Sunglo: $23,009
- Blackened Cayenne Sunglo: $23,009
- Morocco Gold Pearl: $23,009
- Charocoal Pearl: $23,009
- Back Denim: $23,009
- San Cammo Denim: $23,009