2014 Cross Country Rally World Championship Calendar
The FIM has released the 2014 Cross Country Rally World Championship schedule, which includes six rounds.
This year’s Cross Country series begins with the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge in the United Arab Emirates April 20-25, and once again ends in Morocco October 3-9 with the Rallye Oilibya du Maroc.
The 2013 winner was Paolo Goncalves, who took the title by a mere four points from six-times Cross Country Champion and three-time Dakar winner Marc Coma (Red Bull KTM).
Goncalves only won the final round in Morocco, but his strong podium finishes in the previous five rounds allowed him to steal the title from the Spaniard Coma.
Goncalves rode the new Honda CRF450 Rally in that final round in Morocco, though he competed on the Speedbrain Husqvarna for the first five rounds. In 2014, Gonclaves – again on the Honda CRF450 Rally - is expected to be Coma’s biggest challenger.
Following is the calendar for the 2014 FIM Cross Country-Rally World Championship.
2014 FIM Cross Country-Rally World Championship Schedule
- April 4-10: Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge, United Arab Emirates
- April 20-25: Sealine Cross Country Rally, Qatar
- May 18-25: Pharaons Rally, Egypt
- June 7-12: Sardegna Rally Race, Italy
- August 21-30: Rally Dos Sertoes, Brazil
- October 3-9: Rallye Oilibya du Maroc, Morocco