2013 Suzuki C90T B.O.S.S.
2013 Suzuki C90T B.O.S.S.
Over the past few years, the blacked-out look has become the style of choice within cruiser culture.
Noting this trend, manufacturers – most notably Harley-Davidson and Victory – took this style and began offering factory blacked-out cruisers and baggers.
Knowing this trend continues to build, Suzuki has released its first-ever blacked-out model – the 2013 Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S.
The bagger features all the highlights of the C90T, including its 1462cc long-stroke, liquid cooled 54-degree V-Twin, and created a more sinister look by blacking out the engine, wheels, exhaust, frame and forks, among others.
Although the looks of the BOSS are bold, the comfort and features of the C90T remain, including the hard side luggage, large windscreen, spacious riding position and suspension set up for comfort.
Following are the features, specs, color option and MSRP for the 2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S.:
2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S. Features:
- The C90T B.O.S.S. is the first SUZUKI BOULEVARD to come from the factory as a blacked out model. It comes with hard saddlebags that are made of durable, impact-resistant ABS plastic under stylish covers custom-matched to the seats. They’re designed as part of the bike, not as luggage add-ons.
- The C90T’s windscreen is positioned and designed to provide ample wind protection at freeway speeds. With subtle Boulevard styling, the firmly mounted windscreen offers protection without distraction. Wind buffeting is minimized by allowing just the right amount of air to pass above the headlight
- Blacked-out exhaust system, engine cover, frame, and suspension.
- The 1462cc (90 cubic inch) long-stroke, liquid cooled, SOHC, 4-valves-per-cylinder, 54 degree V-Twin engine is built to deliver massive torque while maintaining efficient operation
- Each aluminum-alloy cylinder is plated with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM), a coating of nickel-phosphorus-silicon-carbide that reduces friction and increases heat transfer. The result is increased durability and ring seal. Each piston’s upper compression ring and oil control ring are given a chrome-nitride coating to make them harder and smoother to further reduce friction.
- Dual spark plugs for each cylinder contribute combustion and fuel efficiency.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) induction system is enhanced by the 32-bit engine control unit that instantly delivers the optimum fuel-air mixture and power output. The system – it’s the same design used in Suzuki championship-winning GSX-R sportbikes – delivers seamless throttle response while boosting fuel efficiency and delivering strong torque.
- To further reduce mechanical noise, each cylinder head’s cam cover is separated from the cam bearing caps, and a rubber gasket is used between the cylinder head and the cam cover.
- An automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and stabilizes engine idle under varying conditions.
- To maximize air induction for best power and torque, the C90T features a unique system that uses three separate air-cleaner boxes feeding the engine. This air induction system increases engine output without sacrificing style or fuel-tank capacity.
- The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) reduces the force needed to pull in the clutch lever so clutch operation remains light. The system produces smooth downshifts by reducing pressure on the clutch plates under deceleration.
- Low maintenance shaft drive delivers efficient power delivery.
- Design engineers married the desire for time-honored appeal with the need for modern performance. The result is a traditionally styled cruiser featuring a rider triangle – footboards, handlebars, seat position – that delivers classic control with outstanding comfort. Wide handlebar and seat design, plus wide/low fuel tank shape add to C90T’s low-slung look.
- Engineers shaped the seat to allow a rider freedom of movement, not locking them into one position. The seat shape also accommodates riders of different sizes to reach the handlebars and footboards in comfort.
- Wide 130/80-17 front and dominant 200/60-16 rear tire are mounted on custom-styled seven spoke cast aluminum wheels.
- Large floorboard-type footrests are standard equipment for comfortable long range riding.
- A link-type rear suspension utilizes an oil-damped, coil-over shock to produce a smooth, ground-hugging ride. It’s tucked into the frame well to help keep the ride low, resulting in a Classic hard-tail style appearance.
- A large 4.8-gallon fuel tank delivers long riding range for far fewer fuel stops.
- Easy to see atop the fuel tank, the C90T B.O.S.S. features a multi-function instrument package highlighted by a large analog speedometer. The package includes a convenient gear-position indicator and a fuel gauge, along with a clock and a trip meter, plus indicator lights for low fuel, turn signals and more. It delivers a level of instrumentation that is not often found on classically style cruisers.
- Well-placed and easy-to-use helmet holder on the rear fender’s left side
2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S. Specs:
- Type:1462cc, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, Liquid-cooled, SOHC, 54-degree V-twin
- Bore x Stroke: 96.0 mm x 101.0 mm (3.78 in x 3.98 in )
- Compression Ratio: 9.5 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Shaft Drive
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake
- Brakes Rear: Disc Brake
- Tires Front: 130/80-17M/C 65H, tube type
- Tires Rear: 200/60-16M/C 79H, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.8 US
- Overall Length: 2560 mm (100.8in)
- Overall Width: 990 mm (39 in)
- Wheelbase: 1,675 mm (65.9 in)
- Seat Height: 720 (28.3 in)
- Curb Weight: 800 lbs
2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S. Color Option/MSRP:
- Sparkle Black / $13,999