2013 Ducati Hyperstrada
2013 Ducati Hyperstrada
In a continuing effort to widen its offerings, Ducati offers the all-new Hyperstrada for the 2013 model year.
The Hyperstrada is the touring member of the Hypermotard family, which features the base model, the higher-performance Hypermotard SP, and the Hyperstrada.
Ducati calls the bike a “cross-over” between the worlds of motard and touring. Yes, the bike is a cross-over model, but it’s quickly gaining the status of a mini-Multistrada.
The Hyperstrada doesn’t arrive with as much technology as the Multistrada, but it’s no technological slouch, either; the Hyperstrada arrives with three-level ABS, eight-level Ducati Traction Control (DTC), and three riding modes – Sport (110hp – High), Touring (110hp – Medium) and Urban (75hp – Low).
To improve the touring aspects, the Hyperstrada arrives with 50 liters of quickly-detachable side luggage (an extra 31-liter top case is available), a center stand, 20mm higher handlebars, a touring-oriented windscreen, a thicker seat, two auxiliary 12v power outlets and passenger grab handles.
The Bologna-based manufacturer stuffs the Hyperstrada with the brand new, 821cc Testastretta 11-degree engine that produces 110 horsepower. And it’s service friendly, also, the new L-Twin needing valve checks every 18,600 miles.
Taking care of suspension duties are 43mm Kayaba upside-down forks up front, and a single Sachs rear shock absorber with user-friendly remote hydraulic spring preload adjustment out back.
The 399-lbs. (dry) Hyperstrada rolls on 10-spoke, 1199 Panigale-style cast aluminum wheels wrapped in Pirelli Scorpion Trail Tires. The bike is availble in Ducati Red or Arctic White, and retails for $13,295.
Attached above are all studio photos released by Ducati, which also make for great wallpaper. Below are the specs.
2013 Ducati Hyperstrada Specs:
- Type: Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 821.1cc
- Bore x stroke: 88 x 67,5 mm
- Compression ratio: 12.8:1
- Power: 81kW (110 hp) @ 9250rpm
- Torque: 89 Nm (65.8 lb-ft) @ 7750 rpm
- Fuel injection: Magneti Marelli electronic fuel injection system. Throttle bodies with full Ride by Wire system
- Exhaust: Single stainless steel muffler with catalytic converter and two lambda probes.
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: Chain, Front sprocket 15, Rear sprocket 45
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch mechanically operated
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front suspension: 43mm usd forks
- Front wheel: 10-spoke in forged light alloy 3.50×17
- Front tire: Pirelli Scorpion Trail, 120/70 ZR17
- Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Sachs monoshock. Remote spring preload adjustement . Aluminum single-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel: 10-spoke forged light alloy 5.50×17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Scorpion Trail, 180/55 ZR17
- Front wheel travel: 150 mm (5.9 in)
- Rear wheel travel: 150 mm (5.9 in)
- Front brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Monobloc Brembo calipers, 4-piston 2-pad, axial pump with adjustable lever, ABS 9MP as standard
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper, ABS 9MP as standard
- Instrumentation: LCD display with DOT matrix area
- Seat height: 8850mm – 830mm – 810mm (33.5in – 32.7in – 31.9in )
- Wheelbase: 1.500 mm (59.1 in)
- Rake: 25.5°
- Trail: 104mm (4.1In)
- Fuel tank capacity: 16l – 4.2gallon (US)
- Number of seats: Dual seat
- Dry weight: 181kg (399lb)
- Wet weight (with fluids): 204 kg (450 lb)
Ducati Hyperstrada Standard Equipment:
- Ducati Safety Pack (ABS, DTC)
- Riding Modes (Sport | Touring | Urban)
- Touring screen
- Touring seat
- Passenger grab-handles
- Side luggage
- Center stand
- Engine sump guard
- Remote rear suspension pre-load
- Two auxiliary 12v power outlets
- Enhanced generator
- Extended front and rear mudguards