2012 FIM Endurance World Championship
The Suzuki Endurance Racing Team (SERT) was fastest Friday during qualifying for the Oschersleben 8 Hours in Germany.
The team, consisting of riders Vincent Philippe, Anthony Delhalle and Yukio Kagayama, recorded a combined time of 1:26.982 to place its Suzuki GSX-R 1000 on the pole for Saturday’s Oschersleben event. Philippe was quickest out of the trio, the Frenchman posting a best individual lap of 1:26.672.
But it wasn’t a runaway qualifying session for SERT, which also led Thursday’s practice; the top four teams were separated by only a second.
Starting from second at round four of five in the 2012 FIM Endurance World Championship will be BMW Motorrad France, which consist of riders Sébastien Gimbert, Damian Cudlin and Erwan Nigon.
Third on the grid goes to Monster Yamaha’s Igor Jerman, Steve Martin and Katsuyuki Nakasuga; the Japanese rider clocking-up the fastest individual lap of the day with a blistering time of 1:26.397.
Yamaha France GMT 94 will start from fourth on the grid, the final team to post within a second of SERT. Starting from fifth is the Honda TT Legends team.
The Oschersleben 8 Hours gets underway at 2 p.m. local time Saturday, and finishes at 10 p.m.
2012 Oschersleben 8 Hours Qualifying Results:
1. SERT (Suzuki GSX-R1000) 1:26.982
2. BMW Motorrad France (BMW) 1:27.064
3. Monster Energy Yamaha (Yamaha) 1:27.199
4. Yamaha France GMT94 (Yamaha) 1:27.519
5. Honda TT Legends (Honda) 1:28.053
6. MCP Starteam 67 (Suzuki GSX-R1000) 1:28.548
7. Maco Racing Team (Yamaha) 1:28.635
8. QERT (Suzuki GSX-R1000) 1:28.861
9. Bolliger Team Switzerland (Kawasaki) 1:28.937
10. AM Moto Racing Competition (Suzuki GSX-R1000) 1:29.225