Sargent Ducati Multistrada Seat
Sargent Cycle Products’ latest release is a World Sport Modular Seat System for second-generation Ducati Multistrada motorcycles (2010-2013).
Its unique design offers the choice of complementing a Sargent front seat with a matching passenger seat or swapping it for a 14 inch by 14-1/2 inch rear cargo carrier that can handle a 20-pound payload. The carrier can be purchased separately for use with the bike’s stock front seat.
The rider’s portion of the system is built on Sargent’s lightweight, durable, injection-molded PolyTec base pan. Available in regular- and low-height options, their seating areas are three inches wider than stock, while keeping the same overall width. Both Sargent versions are a half-inch closer to the ground than Ducati’s optional standard and reduced-height seats.
Slightly dished rather than carved out in a bucket style, the World Sport’s contour and shape minimize pressure points, maximize comfort and foster spirited cornering by enabling riders to effectively lean into turns. The passenger seat and cargo-carrier bases are made from a vacuum-formed plastic/alloy CarbonTec polymer. A storage area built into the rear seat and carrier base pans conveniently safeguard small roadside essentials.
Mounted on these solid platforms is Sargent’s proprietary Super Cell Atomic Foam Suspension System, which is wrapped by a moisture barrier. Developed through years of R&D and real-world testing, it’s formulated for durability, firmness and absorbing vibration. The foam is sculpted for enhanced lateral support and a more neutral riding position, which help allow full use of the seating area.
Wrapping the ergonomically designed padding is a leather-like vinyl cover topped with heavy-duty, textured CarbonFX inserts where riders sit. These rugged, waterproof materials withstand the toughest conditions and are nearly maintenance-free. Front and rear Multistrada World Sport seats are offered with a choice of red or black piping accents. Custom piping colors are just one of Sargent’s many options and upgrades, the latest of which is a digitally controlled seat heating system to battle cold climates.
Sargent seats are backed with three levels of post-purchase protection. All are covered by a one-year limited warranty to be free from defects in workmanship and materials. Seats ordered directly from Sargent come with a no-risk, 30-day money-back guarantee and an extended warranty at no extra cost. It protects foam and hardware for five years; covers for two years. The company’s comprehensive aftercare program offers repair, reupholstering and refurbishing services.
Second-Generation (2010+) Ducati Multistrada World Sport Modular Seat System Details:
- Three-piece system: Rider seat, passenger seat and carrying platform
- Interchangeable passenger seat and cargo rack
- Minimized pressure points, maximized comfort
- Enhanced lateral support and a more neutral seating angle
- Larger seating area improves ergonomics
- Designed so riders can effectively lean into turns
- Two seat heights: Regular and low; both a half-inch lower than the Multistrada’s standard and optional low stock seats
- Super Cell Atomic Foam Suspension System
- Precisely tuned firmness and vibration absorption
- Cargo rack: 14 inch by 14-1/2 inch platform that holds 20 pounds
- Cover material: Black CarbonFX with smooth vinyl trim
- Seat pans: Light and durable PolyTec and CarbonTec materials
- Built-in storage under the passenger seat and cargo carrier
- Options: Red or black piping standard. Custom colors available
- Upgrade: Seat heating system with digital controller
- Money-back guarantee: 30 days
- Standard warranty: One year
- Extended warranty: Up to five years
- Retail Pricing: Rider & passenger seat combination starts at $519.90; rider seat & cargo rack pairing starts at $498.95; cargo rack only: $199
- Availability: SargentCycle.com, authorized Parts Unlimited dealers in the U.S. and distributors worldwide
Sargent Cycle Products builds the ultimate in distinctive, high-performance, motorcycle seating and upholstery. In addition to this new Multistrada Modular Seat System, World Sport seats are available for more than 80 models of Aprilias, BMWs, Ducatis, Hondas, Kawasakis, Suzukis, Triumphs and Yamahas.
Press release by Putter Power MediaGoogle+