2012 FIM X-Trial World Championship
Repsol Montesa’s Toni Bou began the X-Trial World Championship in Strasbourg, France, the exact way he has for the past five years – with a win.
And of course, it was a dominate win at the Strasbourg Indoor Trial, the first of eight rounds int he 2012 X-Trial World Championship. He was joined on the podium by his rival, Adam Raga, and Albert Cabestany (Sherco).
Bou finished qualifying without penalty, keeping his points in zero after the four zone and the parallel race of the semi-final.
Repsol reports “with an advantage of ten points over the other three finalists, the several times World Champion had an amazing performance in the key moments of the Strasbourg Indoor. He received only one point of penalty in the parallel race against his team mate of the Repsol Montesa Honda Team, Takahisa Fujinami, and another point for excess of time in the second individual zone, inaccessible for the rest of finalists.
Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) says: “For me it was a perfect night, one of those that are difficult to repeat. The zones were very technical and I was able to complete them better than my rivals. It was the best way to start this new season and a very important victory for me in my defense of the title.”
FIM X-Trial World Championship: Strasbourg France Results:
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 2 points
2. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 21 points
3. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 22 points
4. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 22 points
5. Jeroni Fajardo (Beta) 16 points
FIM X-Trial World Championship Points (After one of eight rounds):
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 20 points
2. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 15 points
3. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 12 points
4. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 9 points
5. Jeroni Fajardo (Beta) 6 points