2012 Suzuka 8 Hours Results
Over the weekend, the 2012 FIM Endurance World Championship headed to Japan for the 35th running of the Suzuka 8 Hours (round three of five).
And for the second consecutive year, the FCC TSR Honda Team was victorious. But this year’s win was extra special for one of its riders; World Superbike rider Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike) became the first British rider to win the Suzuka 8 Hours.
Joining Rea on the 2012 FCC TSR team was Kosuke Akiyoshi. Both riders also competed in the 2010 Suzuka 8 Hours, the pair finishing third that year. Joining Rea and Akiyoshi on the podium was former Honda World Superbike rider, Tadayuki Okada, who was the team’s reserve rider.
The FCC TSR Team (Bridgestone) would finish four laps ahead of TOHO Racing Honda (Bridgestone), with the Yamaha France team (Michelin) finishing third. The victory was the 25th for Honda, and the sixth win on CBR 1000 RR Fireblade machinery.
Jonathan Rea says: “I’m so happy to get a win in such a huge race as the Suzuka 8-hours. I really appreciate the efforts of Kosuke Akiyoshi, Tady Okada, Honda and all the F.C.C. TSR team staff. Kosuke was riding very, very fast, and Tady gave me a lot of really useful advice. I want to thank them both so much.”
Rea’s Honda World Superbike colleague, Hiroshi Aoyama, rode for the MuSASHi RT Harc-Pro team, which was battling for the lead with just two hours to go when team-mate rider, Ryuichi Kiyonari, crashed out unhurt.
2012 Suzuka 8 Hours Results:
1. F.C.C. TSR HONDA F.C.C. TSR HONDA / 35 Points
2. TOHO RACING WITH MORIWAKI TOHO RACING WITH MORIWAKI / 29
3. YAMAHA – GMT 94 – MICHELIN – YAMALUBE YAMAHA – GMT 94 – MICHELIN – YAMALUBE / 25
4. MOTO MAP SUPPLY MOTO MAP SUPPLY / 21
5. HONDA SUZUKA RACING HONDA SUZUKA RACING / 18
6. HONDA DREAM RT SAKURAI HONDA DREAM RT SAKURAI / 16
7. TELURU & EMOBILE * KOHARA TELURU & EMOBILE * KOHARA / 14
8. TEAM MOTORRAD 39 TEAM MOTORRAD 39 / 13
9. BMW MOTORRAD FRANCE THEVENT BMW MOTORRAD FRANCE THEVENT / 12
10. HONDA TT LEGENDS HONDA TT LEGENDS / 11
Photos by Noriyuki NakajimaGoogle+