2012 Victory Motorcycle
The 2012 Victory Cross Roads brings simplicity to the touring motorcyclist by offering a fairing-free bagger.
But because of this simplicity, don’t think this cruiser is incapable of coast-to-coast trips in the saddle. The Cross Roads, which is powered by Victory’s 106 ci motor paired with a six-speed transmission, features a comfy dual-seat and driver floorboards for traveling comfort.
This comfort and power is featured on a touring machine that arrives with cruise control and standard ABS, making it the highest-value touring motorcycle in the 2012 Victory Lineup.
But there’s something more for the 2012 Victory Cross Roads. Under the Victory Core Custom Program, the rider can select the motorcycle’s color and its equipment, such as hard or soft saddlebags, and have the parts installed at Victory Dealerships.
Following is info about Victory’s Core Customer Program, some highlights, color options, MSRP and specs.
Victory Core Customer Program
The Victory Core Custom Program allows a rider to select the bike color, saddlebag style, highway bar style and whether the bike has a windshield or not; there are 48 different possible combinations of the available elements.
When purchasing a Cross Roads, a rider will choose:
- Bike color: solid sunset Red or solid black
- Saddlebag style: a rider chooses between leather "soft" saddlebags or hard bags. The soft saddlebags have a strong, formed interior and are covered by a grained vinyl and leather. They feature classic styling with rivet trim and large leather straps. the hard saddlebags are like those that are standard on the cross country, and have lockable lids.
- Highway bar style: a rider chooses either Forged chrome Highway bars or chrome tube Highway bars
- Windshield: a rider chooses whether to add a protective Mid-Height Windshield with "sideburns" that extend down to deflect air at the base of the windshield.
Comfortable Cruising, Smooth Handling
The cross Roads provides a comfortable ride and smooth, easy handling, making it an ideal long-distance touring bike for one or two riders and gear.
- Strong, innovative two-piece, sand-cast hollow aluminum frame
- Air-adjust rear suspension with 4.7" (120 mm) of travel
- Low 26.25" (667 mm) seat height and narrow front section of driver’s seat for comfort • the driver’s extended floorboards permit foot and leg movement for long-riding comfort
- The shifter leaves the rear of the left floorboard open for foot movement; an accessory bolt-on heel shifter is available
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, trip meter, and indicator lights
Premium Victory Performance
The Cross Roads is powered by the Freedom 106/6 stage 1 V-twin. this is a fuel-injected, counter-balanced engine producing 109 ft.-lb. of torque. It is mated to a 6-speed transmission with overdrive.
- Cruise control is standard
- Dual-disk front brakes and inverted forks
- 5.8-gallon (22.0-liter) fuel capacity
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
The non-linked abs provides a Cross Roads rider with confidence-inspiring braking. Sensors on each wheel monitor wheel speed, and if they sense slippage or wheel lock, the abs provides instant, effective braking to slow the vehicle and help the rider maintain control.
2012 Victory Cross Roads Color Options/MSRP
- Solid sunset Red / $16,499
- Solid black / $15,999
2012 Victory Cross Roads Specs:
- Engine type: 4-stroke, 50-degree V-Twin
- Cooling system: Air/Oil
- Displacement: 106 ci/ 1731cc
- Bore x Stroke: 101 X 108mm
- Compression ratio: 9.4:1
- Valve train: Single overhead camshafts with 4 valves per cylinder, self-adjusting cam chains, hydraulic lifters
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection with dual 45mm throttle body
- Fuel Capacity: 5.8 gal / 22 ltr
- Exhaust: Staggered slash-cut dual exhaust with crossover
- Oil capacity: 5.0 qts / 4.75 ltr
- Charging System: 48 amps max output
- Battery: 12 volts / 18 amp hours
- Primary Drive: Gear drive with torque compensator
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Transmission: 6-speed overdrive constant mesh
- Final Drive: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt
- Length: 104.4 in / 2652 mm
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in / 1670 mm
- Seat Height: 26.25 in / 667 mm
- Ground Clearance: 5.8 in / 148 mm
- Rake/Trail: 29.0-degrees / 5.6 in / 142 mm
- Dry Weight: 745 Lbs / 338 Kg
- GVWR: 1360 lbs / 618 kg
- Type: Inverted cartridge telescopic fork
- Fork Tube Diameter: 43 mm
- Travel: 5.1 in / 130 mm
- Shock Absorber: Single, mono-tube gas
- Swingarm: Cast Aluminum with constant rate linkage
- Travel: 4.7 in / 120 mm
- Adjustment: Air adjustable
- Brake System Type: ABS
- Front braking system: Dual 300mm floating rotor with 4-piston caliper
- Rear braking system: 300mm floating rotor with 2-piston caliper
- Front: 18 x 3.5 in
- Rear: 16 x 5.0 in
- Front: 130/70R18 Dunlop Elite 3
- Rear: 180/60R16 Dunlop Elite 3