2012 Star Motorcycle
For those who want to enter the world of motorcycling aboard a V-Twin cruiser, the choices are slim, especially if you want something in the 250cc class.
But Star has this entry-level motorcycle covered with the V Star 250, the only V-Twin in the 250 cruiser class. And the bike returns for 2012.
The lightweight cruiser sits just 27 inches from the ground, and supplies enough power to get the V Star 250 up to speed.
But just because the 2012 Star V Star 250 is an entry-level cruiser doesn’t mean the company owned by Yamaha skimped on some styling. The V Star 250 features dual exhaust, plenty of chrome for that "big bike" look and 282mm single-front disc brake for some massive stopping power.
The V Star 250 arrives in showrooms as a carry-over model, with the only new addition being more comfortable handlebars.
Rated at 78 mpg and offered for under $4,200, the V Star 250 V-Twin will surely bring the joy of cruising to those who want to begin small.
Following are the highlights, specs, color option and MSRP for the 2012 Star V Star 250.
2012 Star V Star 250 Highlights:
- Air-cooled, 249cc, 60-degree V-twin engine with a long, 66mm stroke produces plenty of bottom-end torque and smooth roll-on power. The only V-twin engine in its class.
- Single 26mm Mikuni® downdraft carburetor ensures optimal fuel/air mixing and delivery with superb throttle response.
- Widely geared five-speed transmission makes the most of V Star 250′s powerband.
- Easy, dependable electric starting.
- Beautiful dual chrome exhaust pipes let the engine breathe and put out that classic V-twin rumble.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner virtually eliminates maintenance and helps extend engine life.
- 58.7-inch wheelbase creates a long, low package with great handling and maneuverability.
- 282mm single front disc brake and a rear drum brake provide plenty of stopping power.
- Plush and low-stepped saddle keeps the center of gravity low and lets almost everybody flatfoot the pavement.
- Telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel provides a nice, smooth ride.
- Twin rear shocks feature 3.9 inches of travel and adjustable spring preload for versatility under various loads.
- Extensive chrome details accent engine and side covers for incomparable "big bike" fit and finish.
- Stylishly sculpted teardrop fuel tank features 2.5-gallon capacity for excellent cruising range.
- Forward-set footpegs enhance rider comfort by creating added legroom.
- Wide rear fender and front and rear wire-spoked wheels add the perfect classic, retro touch to this stylish package.
2012 Star V Star 250 Specs:
- Type: 15-cubic-inch (249cc) air-cooled, SOHC 60-degree V-twin, 2 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 49 x 66mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni 26mm
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Frame: Steel tube
- Suspension / Front: 33mm fork; 5.5-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Dual shocks; adjustable preload, 3.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 282mm
- Brakes / Rear: 130mm drum
- Tires / Front: 3.00-18
- Tires / Rear: 130/90-15
- Wheels: Laced Spokes
- Length: 86.2 in
- Width: 28.0 in
- Height: 41.7 in
- Seat Height: 27.0 in
- Wheelbase: 58.7 in
- Fuel Capacity: 2.4 gal
- Fuel Economy: 78 mpg
- Wet Weight: 323 lb
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2012 Star V Star 250 Color Option/MSRP:
Available from November 2011