2012 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle
The word “naked” has become standard dialect in the motorcycle industry, but not so much in the cruiser segment.
But if naked were to define a cruiser from Harley-Davidson, the 2012 FXDB Street Bob would be the optimal choice. Harley redesigned the Street Bob back in 2009, keeping with the “naked” trend, giving the cruiser a no-nonsense style that attracts lovers of the bobber scene.
For 2012, Harley continues to offer the Street Bob with the smooth-running, rubber-mounted Twin Cam 96 V-Twin rated at 92 ft. lbs. of torque, mounted to a six-speed Cruise Drive transmission.
The Dyna-series Street Bob features all the bobber-influenced items, such as the exposed, rear coil-over shock absorbers, exposed under-seat batter box, a Fat BVob fuel tank, solo seat and a mini ape-hanger handlebar.
Following are the highlights, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2012 Harley-Davidson Street Bob.
2012 Harley-Davidson FXDB Street Bob Highlights:
- NEW Optional Security Package bundling Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and a Smart Security System for greater value
- NEW Paint color option
- Michelin Scorcher tires
- All-black powertrain
- Tank medallion
- Chrome exhaust with dual straight-cut staggered shorty mufflers
- 4.7-gallon Street Bob fuel tank
- Black Steel Laced wheels
- Chopped rear fender without support covers
- Solo seat
- Stainless steel, internally-wired mini ape-hanger handlebar
- Top triple clamp with integrated riser
- Wrinkle-black low-profile tank console with electronic speedometer
- Wrinkle-black battery box and belt guard
- Retro-style LED tail light
- Street Bob air-cleaner trim ring
2012 Harley-Davidson Street Bob Specs:
- Air-cooled, Twin Cam 96
- Displacement (in./cc): 96/1584
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive
- Miles Per Gallon: 43 MPG combined City/Hwy
- Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters): 4.7/17.8
- Power: 92 ft.lbs. torque @ 3,000 RPM
- Length (in./mm): 92.8/2357
- Seat Height (laden) (in./mm): 25.5/648
- Wheelbase (in./mm): 64.2/1631
- Front: Michelin Scorcher “31″ 100/90-19 57H
- Rear: Michelin Scorcher “31″ 160/70-17 73V
- Front: Black Steel Laced 19 in. x 2.5 in. (483 mm x 64 mm)
- Rear: Black Steel Laced 17 in. x 4.5 in. (432 mm x 114 mm)
- 637lbs. /289kg.
2012 Harley-Davidson Street Bob Color Options/MSRP:
- Vivid Black / $12,999
- Ember Red Sunglo / $13,384
- Black Denim / $13,384