Brammo Electric Motorcycle Wallpaper
In early May, Brammo unveiled its newest electric sportbikes – the Empulse, and the high-performance (by electric motorcycle standards) Empulse R.
The Empulse R immediately received much attention, considering Brammo claimed it had a top speed over the 100 mph mark, and would go 121 miles on a charge. Quickly, this have the Brammo Empulse R higher performance than the current electric sportbike leading the category, the Zero S ZF9 (114-mile range, 88mph top speed).
The Empulse R (and standard Empulse) was also the first electric motorcycle to have a drivetrain specifically built for a production motorcycle. Along with this drivetrain, the Empulse features a water-cooled permanent magnet AC motor, IET 6 speed gearbox and Brammo’s unique BPM 15/90 battery modules.
And with this new performance in the world of electric sportbikes arrived some unique styling, which is highlighted above in hi-res images that make for great wallpaper.
Following are the specs of the 2012 Brammo Empulse R.
2012 Brammo Empulse R Specs:
- Motor Type: Permanent Magnet AC (PMAC) – Water Cooled
- Motor Controller: Sevcon Gen 4
- Peak Motor Power: 40kW, @ 8,200 rpm (54 hp)
- Peak Continuous Current: 270 amps
- Final Drive: Direct Chain Drive (14/48) 520 O-ring chain
- Transmission: IET 6 speed gearbox with multi-plate, hydraulic activated wet clutch
- Max Motor Torque: 63Nm (46.5 foot pounds)
- Battery Type Brammo PowerBPM15/90 Lithium-Ion ( NCM Chemistry)
- Battery Pack Capacity: 9.31 kWh (nominal), 10.2 kWh (max)
- Battery Pack Voltage: 103.6 V (nominal)
- Battery Life: 1,500 cycles to 80% capacity (100% DOD)
- Recharge Time: Level I maximum charging time: 8 Hours. (0 – 99% SOC, no cell imbalances)
- Level II maximum charging time: 3.5 Hours. (0 – 99% SOC, no cell imbalances)
- Every 10 minutes of Level II charging adds up to 5 miles of range
Empulse R Performance
- Empulse R Performance: 100 + mph (160 + km/h)
- Driving Range: City: 121 miles* (195 km)
- Highway: 56 miles (90 km)
- Combined: 77 miles (124 km)
Operating Modes: Two Operating Modes selectable through the handlebar switch:
- 1. “Normal” – limits acceleration by reducing maximum current delivered to the motor through the motor controller in order to maximize driving range.
- 2. “Sport” – provides maximum performance in both acceleration and top speed.
Empulse R Dimensions
- Weight: 440lbs. / 200kg
- Seat Height: 31.5″ 80.0 cm
- Width: 31.8″ (bar end-to-bar end) 80.77 cm
- Height: 42.6″ (highest portion of the dash) 108.2 cm
- Length: 81.3″ 206.5 cm
- Ground Clearance: 7.3″ 18.54 cm
- Storage Capacity: Optional Brammo hard saddle bags and top trunk.
- Fuel Economy: 485 mpg-e 206 km/L-e
- Carrying Capacity: Cargo Capacity 365 lbs. / 165.6 kg (805 lbs. / 365.1 kg total combined motorcycle, rider, passenger and cargo)
- Wheelbase: 58.0″ 147.32 cm
- Warranty: 2 Years (Limited Factory Warranty) 1 year Fender-to-Fender Limited Warranty, 2 year Limited Powertrain Warranty (Batteries and Motor)
- Colors: True Blood Red, Eclipsed Black, White Noise
Empulse R Key Components
- Frame: Brammo E-Beam Aluminum, Fabricated by Accossato in Italy
- Suspension Front: Fully Adjustable 43mm Marzocchi Forks
- Suspension – Rear: Fully Adjustable Sachs Shock
- Brakes – Front: Dual 310mm Brembo floating disk with twin four piston Hydraulic Brembo Brake Calipers, Radial Mount.
- Brakes – Rear: Brembo single disk with dual piston Hydraulic Brembo Brake Caliper
- Wheels (Front/Back): 17″x 3.5″ Marchesini / 17″ x 5.5″ Marchesini
- Tires (Front/Back): 120/70-17 AVON AV79 / 180/55-17 AVON AV80
- Instrumentation: LCD display; speed, tach, odometer, gear position, energy consumption, battery status, estimated range and system status
Click motorcycle thumbnail to expand. Right click motorcycle wallpaper to download.Google+