Indy Supercross Results
Ryan Villopoto takes his fifth win in Indianapolis and significantly extends points lead in front of 60,000+ motorcycle racing fans who greeted the 10th race of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, in Indianapolis with enthuisisiam.
Yes, it was once again Monster Energy’s Ryan Villopoto on the 2011 Kawasaki KX450F who won his fifth race in one of the most memorable SX racing season in recent history.
As the SX gates dropped for the 20th Supercross class main race in Indianapolis, it was the TwoTwo Motorsports’ Chad Reed on his 2011 Honda CRF450R who squeezed through the pack to capture the holeshot with Villopoto and Dodge Hart and Huntington’s Ivan Tedesco in tow.
Villopoto, unaware of the battles trailing him, led all 20 laps to register his fifth victory of the season. Meanwhile, behind Villopoto, Rockstar Makita’s Ryan Dungey on the 2011 Suzuki RM-Z 450 pressured second place’s Reed through 10 laps, but an unfortunate get-off by Dungey allowed Reed to hold his second place spot.
Far from safe, Reed was stalked closely by San Manuel’s James Stewart on the 2011 Yamaha YZ450F and late on lap 11 Stewart made his move on Reed and took over the second place spot. As James Stewart carefully held this second place spot, a battle for third between Reed and Dungey continued to the checkered flag; however, Dungey was not able to put the pass on Reed.
Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki KX 450 F) says: "The track was really tough tonight," comments the Supercross Championship leader.
"The ruts played a big factor throughout the 20 lap main. You really had to be smart out there. The whole team worked together really well tonight, and I couldn’t do it without them."
James Stewart (Yamaha YZ 450 F) says: "I had a rough weekend last week and wasn’t able to ride the way I wanted to," comments the star of his own reality TV show "Bubba’s World". "I let my team down today. It’s not over. I’m so motivated right now and I have a bunch of guys behind me."
2011 Supercross Results: Indianapolis
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
2. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha
3. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Honda
4. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki
5. Justin Brayton, Cornelius, N.C., Yamaha
6. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda
7. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda
8. Nicholas Wey, Dewitt, Mich., Yamaha
9. Cole Seely, Corona, Calif., Honda
10. Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., KTM
2011 Supercross Point Standings
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki – 221
2. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha – 195
3. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Honda – 192
4. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki – 183
5. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda – 169
6. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM – 129
7. Justin Brayton, Cornelius, N.C, Yamaha – 121
8. Davi Millsaps, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha – 114
9. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Suzuki – 107
10. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda – 103