Moto2 Tech Details
After taking the 125cc MotoGP Championship in 2010, Repsol’s Marc Marquez found himself on the Moto2 grid for 2011.
And the Moto2 machine Marquez was about to compete on was double in weight and power, a challenge for the 18-year-old Spaniard. But Marquez quickly adapted, already taking four victories to date in the 2011 Moto2 Championship.
Repsol says “The Moto2 Suter is one of the favorite bikes of the season, developed by a Swiss engineering company and that fills a huge part of the starting grid in the intermediate class, as it is used by 14 riders.
“The bike features a double beam aluminum chassis, adjustable single aluminum swingarm, cutting-edge Öhlins suspensions and a total weight of 137 kg.”
Click on the first image above for exploited X-Ray of Marc Marquez’s Moto2 machine.
Moto2 – Suter Technical data
- Honda 600cc with 4 in-line cylinders, 4-stroke, 16 DOHC valves and liquid-refrigerated.
- Maximum power: over 130CV (97kW).
- Maximum speed: 285 km/h
- Transmission: 6 gears
- Clutch: Slipper wet multi disc cable clutch
- Suter: aluminum double beam.
- Swingarm: adjustable aluminum swingarm.
- Front suspension: Ohlins inverted fork, 43mm diameter.
- Front and rear rims: OZ Racing 17”
- Front and rear tyres: Dunlop 17”
- Front Brakes: Brembo, two 290 mm steel discs, two four-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes: Brembo, single 218mm stainless steel disc, twin-piston caliper
- Aluminum fuel tank with 23l capacity
- Total weight: 137kg.
- Wheelbase 1400 mm.
- Exhaust: Akrapovic titanium exhaust
- Tank capacity 23L
- Wheelbase: aprox. 1.400 mm