2011 SCORE Baja 1000 Motorcycle Results
Honda did it once again. For the 22nd time in the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 desert race in Mexico, a Honda was victorious.
The victory arrived at the 44th edition of the Baja 1000 after the Johnnny Campbell Racing Team of Kendall Norman, Quinn Cody and Logan Holladay secured another win for Honda.
Piloting the No. 1x JCR Honda Racing CRF450 X, the three riders took the fastest time in the world-famous Baja 1000. Besides being the 22nd win for Honda, it was also the 15th consecutive win at the Baja 1000.
It was the sixth overall career Baja 1000 win for Norman and his fifth straight, while Cody picked up his fourth career Baja 1000 overall motorcycle victory and his third straight. For Holladay, a Hollywood stunt rider, it was his first SCORE Baja race win.
As for riders, it was Norman’s fifth-consecutive win, with Cody collection fourth Baja 1000 motorcycle victory. Holladay, a Hollywood stunt rider, received his first overall win at 2011 Baja 1000.
Johnny Campbell (JCR Honda owner) says: “It was a long day. It was really rough and I was happy to be in the air with the helicopter and not on the ground riding the bike because it was really rough. All the guys did a really good job and it was a tough race. It was very, very rough.”
Kendall Norman (JCR Honda CRF450X) says: “It was a rough morning for me. I crashed the bike about 20 miles in but everything was alright and I started finding my rhythm, got down the road and I was really excited to get through Borrego and the road crossing. My first stint was almost over and I hit the biggest mound ever and just sent it at 70 miles per hour and took the biggest digger.
“I don’t know how I popped up so quickly but everything seemed okay though I was pretty banged up. I kept the bike going, got it to the pit and had to do a few repairs on it. Quinn (Cody) pinned it hard and did a really good job and so did Logan (Holladay.) I got back on in the meadow in Valle de Trinidad and took her home at night. It was a really tough day. Baja had its moments with me today.
“It didn’t make it easy. We had a challenger on the Kawasaki with my former teammate Robby Bell. They were there all day. They fought hard and kept us honest. It’s going to be tough in the years to come in Baja. It sounds like there’s going to be a lot more competition and it’s going to elevate the sport and what we have to do to come down here and be successful. It’s good for the sport, good for Baja and exciting for all the fans too.”
2011 Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 Results (Class 22, 450cc or more):
- Kendall Norman, Santa Barbara, Calif./Quinn Cody, Los Olivos, Calif./Logan Holladay, Buellton, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 14:14:25, 49.51 mph
- Shane Esposito, Lake Elsinore, Calif./Robby Bell, Menifee, Calif./Steve Hengeveld, Flagstaff, Ariz./Bobby Garrison, Hesperia, Calif./David Pearson, Panaca, Nev., Kawasaki, KX450F, 14:24:55
- Colton Udall, San Clemente, Calif./David Kamo, Caldwell, Idaho/Timmy Weigand, Valencia, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 14:31:10
- A.J. Stewart, Jamul, Calif./Donald Stanley, San Clemente, Calif./Justin Morgan, Alpine, Calif./Corey Freeman, Fallbrook, Calif./Kevin Johnson, Boulder City, Nev., Honda CRF450X, 17:00:59
- Francisco Arredondo, Guatemala/Nicholas Burson, Ridgecrest, Calif./Justin Morrow, Pinon Hills, Calif./Ryan Dudek, Long Beach, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 17:13:24
- Trent Burgiss, Hood River, Ore., KTM XC-W530, 21:28:24
- Felipe Prohens/Jaime Prohens, Chile/Chris Ridgway, Apple Valley, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 21:53:50
- Jim Owens, Scotts Valley, Calif./Arik Swan/Eric Pucelik, Santa Cruz, Calif./Bobby Bartholomew, Watsonville, Calif., Husqvarna TXC450, 22:00:22
- Rory Sullivan, White Salmon, Wash./Joey Lancaster, Troutdale, Ore./Miles Warren, Olympia, Wash/Anthony Cenitti, Corbett, Ore., Honda CRF450X, 23:20:53
- Jack Lundin, Anaheim, Calif./Lukas Lundin, Canada/Peter Lofuerius/PG Lundmark, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 23:21:55
- Craig Bowman, Kelso, Wash/John Bredfield, Castle Rock, Wash./Ace Nilson, Reno, Nev./Ken Wortman, Canada/Anna Cody, Lancaster, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 25:28:34
- Thomas Barnabic, Silt, Colo., Honda CRF450X, 28:18:48.