Trials World Championship
After finishing third at Day 1 of the French Trial Grand Prix in Bréal-sous-Montfort, Repsol Montesa Honda’s Toni Bou took Day 2 with revenge, finishing ahead of Albert Cabestany (Sherco).
With his win, which was the second this season, Bou has increased his lead in the overall Trials Championship. After the second of eight rounds, Bou holds a seven-point lead over Adam Raga (Gas Gas).
Repsol says at Day 2 in France, Bou finished the first lap in second, with 12 points, one behind Cabestany.
Repsol Honda says: “Nevertheless, with a flawless second lap where he did not take a single point, Bou secured the first overall position ahead of Cabestany, Raga and his teammate, Takahisa Fujinami, who made two mistakes in the second lap in zones two and three and finished just out of the podium.”
In the Junior Trial category, Repsol Montesa Honda’s Laia Sanc finished 18th.
The next round of the Trial World Championship will be the Spanish Grand Prix, that will take place next June 19th at Pobladura de las Regueras (León).
Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) says: “In the first lap I made some errors, but in the second it went very well and I feel totally satisfied about it. The balance of this weekend is possible, as I leave France with an increased advantage in the lead. Yesterday I had a margin of only two points and now they are seven.”
2011 French Trial Grand Prix: Day 2 Results:
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 12 points
2. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 23 points
3. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 29 points
4. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 32 points
5. Jeroni Fajardo (Ossa) 46 points
2011 Trial Grand Prix Championship Points
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 55 points
2. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 48 points
3. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 47 points
4. Jeroni Fajardo (Ossa) 39 points
5. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 39 points