2011 Trials World Championship
Toni Bou is unstoppable in the 2011 Trial World Championship. With his victory Sunday in Andorra, Spain, the Repsol Montesa Honda rider has now won four out of five races.
His teammate, Takahisa Fujinami, finished second at Andorra, followed by Gas Gas rider Adam Raga.
There was some controversy at the Trials event, though. Repsol Honda says “The complaint of a rival team that alleged irregularity in Fujinami’s bike was rejected by the organizers and did not affect the results of the round.”
With his Trials win, Bou now holds a 15-point lead over Raga.
The sixth round of the Trial World Championship will take place on July 10th at the Italian city of Montecrestese.
Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda Trial World Championship) says: “To win is never easy, but today I was able to finish the first lap with a good advantage that allowed me to face the last one more calmly and enjoy the bike and the race. I have four victories in five races and we are defending the title in the best way possible, but for now I do not want to think in anything else apart from going step by step and try to get the best possible results.”
2011 Andorra Trial World Championship Results
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda Trial) 15 points
2. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda Trials) 35 points
3. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 41 points
4. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 45 points
5. James Dabill (Beta) 81 points
Trials World Championship Point Standings
1. Toni Bou (Repsol Montesa Honda) 95 points
2. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 80 points
3. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 75 points
4. Takahisa Fujinami (Repsol Montesa Honda) 69 points
5. Jeroni Fajardo (Ossa) 60 points