Boulevard S40 Preview
Big single-cylinder motorcycles are timeless, and the 2011 Suzuki Boulevard S40 keeps this tradition alive.
The S40 offers an optimal blend of low- and mid-range torque in a design that has proven reliability. This motorcycle keeps it simple, allowing riders the simple pleasure of motorcycling.
For 2011, the Boulevard S40 is available in two new color schemes: Pearl Mirage White/Metallic Veil Silver and Metallic Fox Orange/Glass Sparkle Black.
- Hydraulic front disc brake and drum-type rear brake provide strong, reliable braking performance.
- A wide 15″ rear tire and slim 19″ front tire provides a classic cruiser look.
- Polished spoke wheels provide a classic look like larger cruiser models and a polished upper fork bracket features an attractive and durable clear coat finish.
- A sleek, one-piece saddle adds to the Boulevard S40′s already streamlined appearance. The low seat height (only 27.6 inches) is great for smaller or entry-level riders.
- The Boulevard S40 comes with an attractive tear drop-shaped fuel tank (2.8 gal capacity) with flush-mounted speedometer.
- Custom flat handlebar design provides a clean, sporty appearance, while custom-style rear view mirrors provide an attractive appearance (similar to the larger Boulevard models).
- The rear reflector is integrated with the taillight for a clean, finished appearance to the rear section of the bike.
- The Boulevard S40 features a 652cc, SOHC, single-cylinder four-stroke engine with TSCC (Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers) cylinder head and high mass crankshaft that produces strong low-end power and torque.
- A black engine case and cylinder with polished cylinder head fins offers a finished appearance. Zinc-plated cylinder mounting bolts (a high quality plated finish that is corrosion resistant) blends with the black engine color for a more detailed appearance.
- An electric starter with automatic decompression system provides quick, easy engine starting.
- The Boulevard S40 is equipped with a precision electronic ignition system with maintenance-free battery.
- A 5-speed transmission with low-maintenance belt-drive system. The drive belt is quiet, durable, simple to adjust and clean.
2011 S40 Motorcycle Specifications:
- Overall Length 2180 mm (85.8 in)
- Overall Width 720 mm (28.3 in)
- Wheelbase 1480 mm (58.3 in)
- Ground Clearance 135 mm (5.3 in)
- Seat Height 700 mm (27.6 in)
- Curb Weight 173 kg (381 lbs)
- Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive Belt drive
- Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear Swing arm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front Disc brake
- Brakes Rear Drum brake
- Tires Front 100/90-19 M/C 57H, tube type
- Tires Rear 140/80-15 M/C 67H, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity 10.5 L (2.8 US gallons)
- Displacement 652cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC
- Fuel System MIKUNI BS40, single
- Starter Electric
- Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty