2011 MotoGP & Moto3
On Thursday, the Grand Prix commission made the following amendments regarding rules and regulations for the 2011 MotoGP season. The biggest change is a three-rider perline on the starting grid across all calasses.
The GP Commission, composed of Messrs. Carmelo Ezpeleta (Dorna, Chairman), Ignacio Verneda (FIM Executive Director, Sport), Hervé Poncharal (IRTA) and Takanao Tsubouchi (MSMA), in the presence of Javier Alonso (Dorna), Claude Danis (FIM Safety Officier) and M. Paul Butler (Secretary of the meeting), all unanimously decided on the following rules while meeting in Madrid, Spain.
2011 MotoGP Rules
1. Practice Time schedule: Two days for each class.
- MotoGP: Four sessions of 60 minutes.
- Moto2: Four sessions of 45 minutes.
- 125cc: Four sessions of 45 minutes (morning) and Two sessions of 30 minutes (afternoon).
2. Grid position for each class:
- Three riders per row
3. Generator for tyre warmers are permitted on the grid for the 3 classes.
4. In MotoGP, only the GPS provided by Dorna is permitted.
2012 Moto3 Rules
1. ECU: There will be a single supplier. Proposals must be handed to the FIM and Dorna by Feb. 28, 2011 at the latest. The final decision will be announced by the GP Commission on 19 March 2011.
Requested hardware features for Engine Management:
- Single-cylinder management (Two independent fuel injectors, one ignition driver)
- Up to 14,500rpm
- At least 10 analog inputs (0-5V 10bit resolution) for analog sensors and temperature sensors UEGO lambda sensor input and management
- At least 4 input capture for wheel speeds and crank/cam sensors
- At least 4 ON/OFF inputs for switches
- Fuel Pump relay driver
- Stepper motor driver for throttle bypass/exhaust valve
- High speed CAN line (1Mbit/s)
- PC-ECU plug’n’play communication cable
Internal data logger:
- At least 8Mbyte internal memory
- Not less than 200Hz max sampling frequency
- Not less than 64 max logging channels CAN line data download
Requested software strategies:
- Ignition/injection management
- Self-mapping with lambda closed loop strategy
- Not less than 3 engine maps selectable by the rider
- Pit limiter
- Traction control
- Power shift (i.e. ignition cut-off)
- Launch control
- IDLE (i.e. engine brake) control (throttle bypass)
- Engine and strategy calibration tool
- Logger management tool
- Data download/analysis tool for logged data (2D)
Track attendance at all events (Moto3 races and DS/IRTA tests):
- Technical assistance to all teams
- Assistance to FIM for regulations checks/enforcing
ECU quantities:40pcs for the 2012 season, spares stock for 5 years
Base calibration for any engine entered to Moto3
There will be a single supplier. Proposals must be handed to the FIM and Dorna by Feb. 28, 2011 at the latest. The final decision will be announced by the GP Commission on March 19, 2011.
There will be a single supplier. Proposals must be handed to the FIM and Dorna by Feb. 28, 2011 at the latest. The final decision will be announced by the GP Commission on March 19, 2011.Google+