Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. launched the new 2011 Ninja 400R, a 400-cc sport-model motorcycle with full fairing, in Japan on August 1st.
In response to market demand, Kawasaki started selling of the Ninja 400R, a general sport-model with genuine full fairing inherited from the super-sport Ninja series to give it both aggressive styling and refined functional beauty and make it ready for anything from sport riding to touring.
With its compact and highly rigid diamond-shaped steel frame chassis, the Ninja 400R combines superior riding performance with easy handling.
Its lightweight and compact liquid-cooled, four-stroke, parallel twin-cylinder DOHC four-valve engine (399 cm3) delivers engine performance that is smooth and powerful at low- and mid-range speeds, while its fuel injection system and three-way catalyzer provides superior environmental performance in conformance with the 2007 Japanese national emissions regulations for motorcycles.
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 400R | Engine
- The Ninja 400R has a liquid-cooled, four-stroke, parallel twin-cylinder DOHC four-valve engine (399 cm3). The distinctive parallel twin-cylinder engine delivers power characteristics that are powerful at low- and mid-range speeds and respond agilely at high speeds.
- In addition to fuel injection, the Ninja 400R is equipped with sub-throttle valves to optimize intake air. With excellent throttle response and smooth engine performance at normal speeds, it delivers excellent drivability under diverse conditions.
- With its short silencer located under the engine, the Ninja 400R provides a greater concentration of mass and lower center of gravity. Equipped with a built-in three-way catalyzer, it offers superior environmental performance in conformance with the 2007 Japanese national emissions regulations for motorcycles.
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 400R | Chassis
- With genuine full fairing inherited from the super-sport Ninja line, the Ninja 400R offers aggressive styling and excellent wind protection equally suited to high speeds.
- The Ninja 400R’s narrow parallel twin-cylinder engine and compact diamond-shaped steel frame result in a streamlined chassis, making it easy to keep both feet on the ground.
- With dual 300-mm petal disks in front and single 220-mm petal disk in back, the Ninja 400R has front and rear disk brakes to provide excellent braking power and heat dissipation.
- The Ninja 400R’s aluminum grab bars may be sharp looking but their shape and positioning also ease fatigue on long rides and make riding with a passenger more convenient.
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 400R | Equipment
- The Ninja 400R’s instrument panel has a multi-function LCD display with a sporty design modeled on racing machines. It is equipped with a digital speedometer, digital bar-style tachometer, fuel gauge, clock, and odometer/trip-meter.
- The Ninja 400R’s LED taillights are compact and provide excellent visibility. The rear view is sharp and stylish.