103 Cubic Inches Plus
Debuting on the 2011 Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycles, the PowerPak feature combines the new big-bore Twin Cam 103 engine with Anti-Lock Braking (ABS) and the H-D Smart Security System.
It’s a standard feature on the 2011 Road King Classic, Electra Glide Ultra Limited, and Road Glide Ultra machines, and will be available as a factory-installed option on the 2011 Street Glide and Road Glide Custom models.
Harley-Davidson PowerPak Features:
• The Twin Cam 103 is rated at 102 ft. lbs. of torque at 3500 rpm, a 9.6-percent increase in peak torque over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces, extra power for enhanced passing and hill-climbing performance when a passenger and luggage are on board.
• Harley-Davidson’s Touring ABS works in conjunction with high-performance Brembo brakes to help the rider maintain control during braking events, especially those that happen in less-than-optimal conditions.
• The components of the Harley-Davidson ABS are tucked away, preserving the uncluttered styling of the area around the wheels. Harley-Davidson’s ABS is not a linked system, meaning the rider maintains full, independent control of both front and rear brakes.
• The H-D Smart Security System offers automatic self-arming and disarming through the Hands Free Fob, which communicates directly with the security module on an individualized frequency.
• When the rider switches off the ignition and leaves the proximity of the motorcycle, Smart Security System disables the vehicle starter, ignition and electronic fuel injection (EFI).
• Any Touring model not equipped with PowerPak may be ordered with ABS and the H-D Smart Security System bundled together as a single factory-installed option. These items will no longer be offered as separate options.
Below are the engine differences between the 96ci and the new 103ci.
Like the standard Twin Cam 96, the PowerPak Twin Cam 103 uses traditional pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters, two valves per cylinder and Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection.
Bore x Stroke
3.75 in. x 4.38 in. (95 mm x 111 mm) vs. 3.875 in. x 4.38 in. (98 mm x 111 mm)
96 cu. in. (1584 cc) vs. 103 cu. in. (1690 cc)
9.2:1 vs. 9.6:1
Pressurized, Dry-Sump vs. Pressurized, Dry-Sump with Oil Cooler
92.6 ft. lbs. @ 3500 RPM vs. 102 ft. lbs. @ 3500 RPM
Power Pak Pricing
96″ Motor Only – MSRP
FLHR Road King – $16,999
FLHTC Electra Glide Classic – $18,999
FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide – $20,999
96″ Standard with Power Pak Option – MSRP
FLHX Street Glide – $ 18,999 / Power Pak Option + $1,995
FLTRX Road Glide Custom – $18,999 / Power Pak Option + $1,995
103″ Power Pak Standard – MSRP
FLHRC Road King Classic – $19,499
FLTRU Road Glide Ultra – $22,499
FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited – $23,699 (Vivid Black for MY11)
Unfortunately the 103 Cubic Inch PowerPak option is not currently available from the Factory on the 96B (Balanced) motor or any other Harley-Davidson motorbikes at this time.Google+