2011 CVO Preview
The 2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible will meet the needs of many riders, especially those looking to transform their style from custom tourer to custom cruiser.
The new CVO Softail Convertible features all the amenities of a touring machine, but also quickly allows the rider to turn the machine into a cruiser by removing the detachable fairing, leather saddlebags, passenger pillion and backrest upright.
When it comes to features, the Motor Company didn’t skimp on details. The 2011 CVO Softail Convertible is equipped with a new audio system that integrates 3.5-inch two-way speakers and a 20-watt-per-channel amplifier into a redesigned inner fairing. Music is delivered by an 8GB iPod nano stored in a protective pouch.
Additional new features include locking leather saddlebags, a leather rider seat and passenger pillion, and a leather backrest pad. Also, a new 1.25-inch welded mini-ape handlebar keeps the ride cool and comfortable. Standard Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), cruise control, keyless ignition and ABS (anti-lock braking system) give the CVO Softail Convertible more touring capability.
New CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE Highlights:
• Electronic throttle control with cruise control standard
• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) standard
• Detachable compact fairing with integrated audio system featuring 3.5-inch 2-way speakers, 20W per channel amp, and 8GB Apple® iPod nano with etched Bar & Shield logo and protective CVO pouch
• Alligator-style leather inserts on the detachable saddlebags, leather seat, passenger pillion and backrest pad
• Chrome, 1.25-inch welded mini-ape handlebar
• Keyless ignition system with CVO backlit medallion on the tank console
• Extended jiffy leg is easier to reach
• Detachable leather-covered saddlebags, passenger pillion, upright and backrest pad, and fairing
• Chrome aluminum 18-inch Stinger wheels with matching Stinger chrome sprocket and Stinger floating brake rotors
• 200/50R18 radial rear tire
• Rear light bar with integrated stop/turn/tail lights
• Combination digital speedometer with analog tachometer
• High-flow Ventilator engine air intake with alligator-style insert and rain sock
• Exclusive paint scheme in three color combinations
• Color-coordinated frame and swingarm, frame inserts, saddlebag brackets and horseshoe oil tank
• Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110BTM Granite powder-coated powertrain with 110 Screamin’ Eagle identifiers on cylinder heads
• Rumble Collection grips, floor boards, passenger and shifter pegs, brake pedal pad and mirrors
• The Harley-Davidson CVOTM Softail Convertible is a limited-production custom motorcycle that can be configured for all-day touring, two-up cruising or solo profiling by adding or detaching key components, which can be easily removed or installed without tools.
• Production will be limited to approximately 2,400 units assembled at the Harley-Davidson Vehicle Operations facility in York, Pa.
• The Softail rear suspension mimics the clean lines of a vintage hardtail frame but offers the comfort of modern suspension that is hidden under the chassis.
• The rigid powertrain allows tight packaging of the engine and frame and creates a solid connection between the rider and the power that moves the motorcycle.
• Polished stainless steel shift linkage
• Smoked front turn signal lenses with amber bulbs
• Chrome Accessories – Clutch line and brake line clamps – Derby and timer covers with engine turn inserts – Headlight trim ring, nacelle and back plate – Front sliders – Wheel spacers – Handlebar risers and caps – Shifter, rear brake lever and forward control mounts – Coil cover and voltage regulator – Rear brake master cylinder cover – Switch housings – Upper belt guard and debris deflector – Sprocket bolt covers – Valve stem caps – Front and rear axle nut covers – Pivot shaft covers
• Black high-torque 1.4kW starter
• High-performance clutch with hydraulic actuation
• Harley-Davidson Smart Security System with siren
2011CVO Softail Convertible Specs:
• Length (in./mm): 94.9/2410
• Seat Height (laden) (in./mm): 24.4/620
• Wheelbase (in./mm): 64.2/1631
• Tire: Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, radial blackwall front and rear
Front: D407 130/70R18 63V
Rear: D407 200/50R18 76V
Front: Chrome Stinger Cast Aluminum 18 in. x 3.5 in. (457 mm x 89 mm)
Rear: Chrome Stinger Cast Aluminum 18 in. x 6 in. (457 mm x 152 mm)
• Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters): 5.0/18.9
• Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg): 754/342.0
• Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110BTM
• Displacement (in./cc): 110/1803
• Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
• Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive
• Miles Per Gallon: 50 HWY/34 CITY
• Custom Colors:
Scarlet Red Pearl and Dark Slate Pearl with Metal Grind Graphics
Midnight Sky and Candy Cobalt with Blue Ice Graphics
Maple Metallic and Roman Gold with Burnished Copper Graphics
• U.S. MSRP: $29,599