Spoiler Alert: AMA Motocross 250 Results Below
The 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship began at Hangtown in Rancho Cordova, Calif., Saturday evening, with Kawasaki taking the win in both motos.
In Moto 1 of the Rockstar Energy Hangtown National, a duo of Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki 250 Motocross riders took the top spots on the podium.
Dean Wilson of Scotland dominated the Moto to the checkered flag, finishing ahead of teammate Blake Bagget. Taking third was GEICO Honda’s Eli Tomac.
In the second moto, the 250 podium was controlled by Kawasaki riders. The Motocross 250cc Moto came down to battle between Baggett and Wilson up front, but Wilson crashed, giving the lead and eventual win to Baggett. Finishing in second was Baggett’s teammate Tyla Rattray (South Africa), with third going to Wilson.
With one Round of 12 completed in the AMA Motocross 250 Class, Baggett holds the lead with 47 points. Two points behind is Wilson, with Rattray in third (38 points).
Blake Baggett (Monster Energy Kawaskai KX250F) says: “I knew I had done all the training during the week and it was good to come out and see how I was. I like outdoors better than supercross because you have to be creative and keep moving around. I was just patient in the second moto. I knew I had to let the race come to me.
“I just took my time and waited to see where I was. I got around (Dean) Wilson and just kept trying to move forward. I put my head down and looked for lines and ultimately passed (Tyla) Rattray in the same spot I passed Wilson.”
The 2011 AMA Motocross Championship continues next week for the Rockstar Energy Freestone National from Freestone Raceway in Wortham, Texas, Saturday, May 28.
2011 AMA Motocross 250 Class Results (Moto 1, Moto2)
- Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Kawasaki (2-1)
- Dean Wilson, Scotland, Kawasaki (1-3)
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki (5-2)
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda (3-4)
- Marvin Musquin, France, KTM (4-6)
- Gareth Swanepoel, South Africa, Yamaha (9-5)
- Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha (8-8)
- Darryn Durham, Butler, Pa., Honda (10-9)
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Yamaha (11-5)
- Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda (7-13)
2011 AMA Motocross 250 Class Championship Standings
- Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Kawasaki – 47
- Dean Wilson, Scotland, Kawasaki – 45
- Tyla Rattray, South Africa, Kawasaki – 38
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Honda – 38
- Marvin Musquin, France, KTM – 33
- Gareth Swanepoel, South Africa, Yamaha – 28
- Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Yamaha – 26
- Darryn Durham, Butler, Pa., Honda – 23
- Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., Yamaha – 22
- Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda – 22