One look at the all-new Aprilia RS4 125, and it’s easy to see where the styling came from: the RSV4 R superbike.
This 4-stroke 125cc Aprilia is a mirror-image to its more muscular brother, and offers the youngsters increases handling and braking due to top technology from the Italian factory.
And to give the younger crowd the sensation of a 125cc MotoGP motorcycle, the Aprilia RS4 features a quickshifter, similar to the one in the RSV4 R APRC.
Here are some of the highlights of the RS4 125:
Maximum power – the RS4′s liquid-cooled DOHC 4v engine is the most advanced in the class and makes the maximum power permitted for a learner.
RSV4 styling – styling echoes the RSV4 R Factory from the triple headlights all the way back to the sharp sculpted tail unit, setting a new standard for 125cc design and sophistication.
Class-leading handling, thanks to 41mm USD forks, a 300mm front disc brake with radial 4-piston caliper and a die cast aluminium chassis developed on the back of 125 GP racing experience.
Quick-swap pillion seat cover – the pillion seat can be swapped for a seat cowl in moments with a quick-release button, transforming the RS4 into a sporty single-seater.
Superbike-inspired analogue/digital clocks feature a sophisticated LCD display of the like normally only seen on larger capacity sports bikes.
Underslung exhaust – the exhaust is integrated neatly into the lower fairing for a race-inspired look and better mass centralisation.
Optional quickshifter – make the most of what the RS4 125 has to offer with seamless ultra-fast clutchless up-shifting. Expected price of £99 ($160 USD).
The RS4 will be landing in dealers in July 2011 with a price of £3,999 ($6,500 USD).
2011 Aprilia RS4 125 Specs
- Engine type: Four stroke liquid-cooled single cylinder with electronic injection and 4 valves. Euro 3 homologated
- Bore and stroke: 58 X 47 mm
- Engine capacity: 124.8 cc
- Compression ratio: 12.5 ± 0.5:1
- Ignition: Electronic with CDI capacity discharge
- Starting: Electric
- Alternator: 13V – 235W
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Gearbox: 6 speed. 1st 11/33 (0.33) 2nd 15/30 (0.50) 3rd 18/27 (0.67) 4th 20/24 (0.83) 5th 25/27 (0.92) 6th 23/22 (1.05)
- Frame: Aluminum perimeter frame
- Front suspension: 41 mm upside down forks, wheel excursion 110 mm
- Rear suspension: Asymmetric swingarm with monoshock, wheel travel 130 mm
- Front brakes: 300 mm stainless steel disc with radial 4 piston caliper
- Rear brakes: 218 mm stainless steel disc and caliper with single 25 mm piston
- Wheel rims: light alloy with 6 split spokes, front: 2.75 x 17″; rear: 3.50 x 17″
- Front tire: 110/80 x 17″
- Rear tire: 130/70 x 17″
- Max Length: 1953 mm
- Max width: 740 mm
- Max height at top fairing: 1,138 mm
- Seat height: 820 mm
- Wheelbase: 1350 mm
- Fuel tank capacity: 14.5 liters (including 3.5 liter reserve)