The 2010 Loretta Lynn’s Amateur National Motocross Championships, the biggest event of the year in amateur motocross racing, have drawn to a close.
Riders came in from all over to do battle, and by the waving of the final checkered flag Suzuki riders had claimed seven new 2010 motocross championship titles with fourteen additional mx podiums.
Rockstar Makita Suzuki’s Gannon Audette claimed overall victory in the 450 A/Pro Sport class with three decisive moto wins in a row, showing the dominance of the fuel-injected 2010 Suzuki RM-Z450.
Audette also demonstrated his versatility by taking second overall in the 250 A class aboard the fuel-injected RM-Z250.
Joey Savatgy and Steven Gretchen also took top honors for the Rockstar Makita Suzuki team at Loretta’s. Both Joey and Steven podiumed in every moto they raced in, with Joey taking home the Schoolboy 2 (13-16) B/C class title, and Steven topping the podium in the 85 (12-14) Modified class.
Xtreme Rockstar Suzuki’s Jeremy Martin also took third in the Schoolboy 2 (13-16) B/C class to make it a double podium for Suzuki.
Rockstar Makita Suzuki rider Jace Owen took the overall win in the Super Mini 2 (13-16) class. Jace placed in the top five in the first moto, then swept the next two for the win.
Xtreme Rockstar Suzuki’s Ian Trettel piloted his RM-Z250 to victory in the 250 A class ahead of fellow Suzuki racer Gannon Audette, making it a 1-2 finish for Suzuki.
Ian went on to take second in the 250 A/Pro Sport class as well, adding yet another achievement to the RM-Z250′s ever-expanding list of accomplishments.
Also claiming victory aboard his Suzuki was Austin Forkner, who took the 85 (9-11) Stock and Modified titles ahead of Rockstar Makita Suzuki rider Rookie White.
The pair finished 1-2 in two out of the three motos in the modified class, but in the end it was Forkner who took the title.
Suzuki would like to congratulate each of the following riders on their outstanding performances aboard their Suzuki machines:
- Gannon Audette – 450 A/Pro Sport Champion, 250 A 2nd
- Austin Howell – 450 A 2nd
- Ian Trettel – 250 A Champion, 250 A/Pro Sport 2nd
- Joey Savatgy – Schoolboy 2 (13-16) B/C Champion
- Steven Gretchen – 85 (12-14) B/C Champion
- Austin Forkner – 85 (9-11) Stock and Modified Champion
- Jace Owen – Super Mini 2 (13-16) Champion
- Kyle Durham – 450 C 2nd
- Jordon Smith – 85 (12-14) Stock and Modified 2nd
- Rookie White – 85 (9-11) Modified 2nd
- Dakota Alix – Super Mini 1 (12-15) 2nd, Super Mini 2 (13-16) 3rd
- Jacob Grzebinski – 250 C Stock 3rd
- Cody Bristlin – 250 C Modified 3rd
- Dan Moore – Vet 35 Plus 3rd
- Kylie Fasnacht – Girls (12-15) 3rd
With the 2010 AMA Amateur Motocross Championships finished, the riders will return to the practice tracks in preparation for next year. Suzuki riders look to continue their stellar performance in 2011.Google+