IoM TT Update #1
Today’s racing at the 2010 Isle of Man TT has been delayed due to low-lying cloud.
The second Monster Energy Supersport TT was due to get under way at 10.45am, with the second sure Sidecar race at 1.15pm and the TT Zero race at 4.30pm.
The course was due to be closed at 10am, however organisers have announced the Mountain section from Ramsey Hairpin to the Creg-ny-Baa will now close at 11.30am and the rest of the course by midday.
It had been announced that organisers hoped to get today’s racing under way at 1pm, but that has now been updated to 1.45pm. The situation is being kept under review and further announcements regarding the racing will be made later.
A revised schedule for Wednesday’s weather-delayed racing has been annouced at 11.30am.
Today’s racing at the 2010 Isle of Man TT was delayed due to low-lying cloud, and organisers have confirmed a new schedule for the day’s racing.
The Mountain section from Ramsey Hairpin to the Creg-ny-Baa is now expected to close at 12.30pm and the rest of the course by 1pm.
The second Monster Energy Supersport TT was due to get under way at 10.45am, but organisers said they hoped to get the four-lap race away at 1.45pm. That has now been further delayed to 2pm (announced 1.30pm)
The second sure Sidecar race, which was due at 1.15pm, is now provisionally scheduled for 3.45pm. The crossing points will be opened from 5pm to 6pm if the schedule goes ahead.
At 6.15pm there will be a one lap practice for bikes entered for Friday’s Dainese Senior TT. The TT Zero race, which had been due at 4.30pm, is now scheduled for 6.45pm, over one lap.
The course is scheduled to start opening at 8pm, with the Mountain section from Ramsey Hairpin to the Creg-ny-Baa opening at 9pm.
The situation is being kept under review and any further changes regarding the racing will be made announced as decisions are made.
The Wednesday race schedule at the 2010 Isle of Man TT has been postponed due to poor weather.
The scheduled 10.45am start to the second Monster Energy Supersport race was delayed due to low-lying cloud, and then further delayed due to rain on parts of the course. Just before 2pm it was confirmed there would be no racing today.
The roads had closed at 1pm, and started re-opening shortly after the confirmation racing was off for the day.
A revised schedule for racing on Thursday is expected later.
The cancellation meant not only that the Monster Energy Supersport 2 TT couldn’t go ahead, but also that the second Sure Sidecar race and the TT Zero race for electric bikes were off.
Following the decision to call off the racing scheduled for Wednesday due to bad weather, the programme for Thursday has been announced.
It was supposed to be a rest day at the 2010 Isle of Man TT for teams, riders and fans ahead of Friday’s Dainese Senior TT, but is now planned to run Wednesday’s three postponed races during the day.
The racing on Wednesday was supposed to start at 10.45am with the second Monster Energy Supersport race, but that was delayed due to low-lying cloud. There were further delays due to rain on parts of the course and a decision was made just before 2pm to postpone racing until Thursday.
It is now planned to run the four-lap Monster Energy Supersport 2 race at 12.15pm, a practice lap for the Dainese Senior TT at 2.45pm, the one-lap TT Zero race for electric bikes at 4pm and the second Sure Sidecar race at 6.30pm.
It is expected the Mountain section from Ramsey Hairpin to the Creg-ny-Baa will close at 11am and the rest of the course by 11.30am. The crossing points are due to be opened between 5pm and 6pm.Google+